MBH's Foster Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I thought since I have so many fosters come andgo, some stay with me months, some stay for under 24 hours, that I'dstart a foster blog so everyone could stay in one area. At the moment,I am currently fostering two buns, picking up a third (male) tonight,and getting a fourth (male)on Thursday. However, I will bedown to two on Friday, since my females are leaving. I'll be left withtwo fosterboys on Friday. My house is filled with too muchtestosterone, I have all male bunnies!

So, here's the girls. Trixie is a female chinchilla minilop, and Lily is a female chinchilla.

Below are some pictures of Trixie and Lily. My boys will be in the second post.

First, Lily:

lily-bond4.jpg

lily-bond5.jpg

lily-bond6.jpg

lily-bond8.jpg

lily-bond9.jpg

Next, we have Trixie:

trixie8.jpg

trixie5.jpg

trixie-pic2.jpg

trixie-pic7.jpg

trixie-pic10.jpg

trixie-pic13.jpg

trixie-pic14.jpg

trixie-pic8.jpg

Okay, on to the boys!

Buck was given to the rescue in thebeginning of March. He found wandering a neighborhood and was given toWildlife and Fisheries of Louisiana because they thought he was a wildrabbit. He's not, though he acts it sometimes. Buck's a psycho rabbitand a big biter. So, he's coming to be fostered with me until he can be(hopefully soon) adopted out. We're not sure of his breed, obviously amix. So here's Buck! These are his Petfinder photo's, I'll have someupdated ones as soon as he arrives.

On a side note, I'm getting my other male foster as soon as he's handedover to the rescue. Should be Thursday, but could be as soon astomorrow. Can't wait! Photo's when he arrives.

LA158.7980937-1-x.jpg

LA158.7980937-3-x.jpg

LA158.7980937-2-x.jpg

Wow, Lily really looks like maherwoman's Maisie!

________
Nadia

Jade, I'll get some pics of Thumper up in his blog as soon as I take some new ones. :cool:

HoneyPot, doesn't Lily look so much like Maisie?? It's shocking, just like Trixie looks like Chance.

I kinda sorta see where Buck looks like Pebbles, just because of thewild coloring. Of course, he has longer ears and a white neck, so notreally... but somewhat close!

OMG, he does!

I just talked to my friend and I may be picking Buck up tomorrow. We'retrying to decide if she should get him neutered before coming here toget it over with, or do it later and I'll drop him off one morning. Soit may be like Friday before I get him if we neuter him, or tomorrow ifwe don't. Was hoping it'd be tonight, but she got off work late andwon't be home in time.

Aw......cute rabbits. Its great that you'restarting a thread for your fosters- a way of remembering them sortof....and sharing them with the forum.

That's too bad you're losing the girls so soon - but hey - at least your arms won't be empty...you'll have THE BOYS!

My boys are almost always more loving than my girls.

I'm sure you'll enjoy them all.....keep the pics coming! :D

Peg

Okay, the more I hear about Buck, the more I don't want him. :shock:

Anyways, the rescue is handing him over to me because he can't standbeing in a cage, and needs to be outside a lot. He's also mean, andhe's a biter. Basically he acts like a wild rabbit.

Umm, yay. We're hoping the neuter will calm his crazy little butt down,along with getting to run around a lot once he gets here.

*Mutters something about always getting the crazies*

Pics to come soon! Still waiting for the form to come in on the other foster. Hopefully he'll be a bit more milder tempered.

He sounds like a handful! Kudo's to you for agreeing to try to help him assimilate.

Is it just me or do most lop rabbits look mad all the time?

I don't think its just you - but I have two lopgirls that I swear all the time look like they've gotten into mischiefand are trying to keep me from finding out.

And Puck?

He always looked like he was looking for trouble....ah....fun.

But yeah, I have had some that look mad all the time.

wax32 wrote:
Is it just me or do most lop rabbits look mad all the time?

Hehe! I have never seen one in person,being brand bew to rabbits and all... maybe it's just the picturespeople take. :cool:

How do you always get such great pictures?
The rabbits are lovely, and it does sound like Buck will be a handful but if anyone can tame the beast, its you ;)

I agree! You will have that wild child turned into a lovebun in no time. You have such a great way with them.

I love the idea of the Fosters thread - a nice way to get to know who you're looking after, even if only for a short time.

I can't get over how like Maisie your Lily looks. Very sweetgirls. I am so glad that you are giving Buck a chance - theneuter will probably go a long way to calmong him, and i reckon you'llhave him turned around in no time ;):)

Jan

Buck's not here yet and won't be for a few daysat least, due to my newest unexpected foster that was surrendered thismorning. Also, Trixie is leaving out to go back to the rescue tomorrowbecause she has a pending adoption that should be picking her up soon.

Here's my newest foster, at least for this weekend. Her name is Merri and she's a netherland dwarf.

merri1.jpg

merri2.jpg

merri3.jpg

merri4.jpg

Latest posts

Back