Maybe this can help tell what she is... =P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
181906_493114446515_546981515_6212745_3213913_n.jpg

I'm always trying to figure out what Solara is mixed with- ever since I got her. I'm just SO curious! People told me before she could be a mini-rex mix. But I was wondering if this picture makes any difference =]... I don't show rabbits so this is probably NOT how you do it but I figured it would show her back better =P

Ehh, it's still difficult to tell. Lots of breeds can be Chestnut Agoutis, and have the similar build. How long are her ears, how old is she, and how much does she weigh?

She looks like maybe a dwarf-mix, due to her smaller ears. What type of dwarf? Could be anything, really. ;)

Emily

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
Ehh, it's still difficult to tell. Lots of breeds can be Chestnut Agoutis, and have the similar build. How long are her ears, how old is she, and how much does she weigh?

She looks like maybe a dwarf-mix, due to her smaller ears. What type of dwarf? Could be anything, really. ;)

Emily

[align=center]She's around 5.5 lb. She's 1 year and 4 months. Her ears are a little under 4.5 inches.

Thank you =]

[align=center]
317597380.jpg

This rabbit looks a lot like Solara. Does anyone agree?

DSC_0863.jpg

Though Solara's head is bent down weird in that picture ^

She probably isn't that breed (or at least not all or it.)

But they do look similar. Body shape and stuff. I saw that pic and kinda was like "woah!"

[align=center]^ I'm hoping the weight, ear size, and age helps. =O

[align=center]I have some more pictures of her that may help.. =)

Sitting
207619_10150141894541516_546981515_6640414_4264431_n.jpg

Half-laying
DSC_0074-2.jpg

=P Her age, weight, and ear-length is above...

[align=center]@Larry: Yes, I know she's not rex fur type XDD Lol

@Mimi: Aren't those breeds a bit large? O_O

...I don't know what breed she is, but there is not Belgian Hare in Solara, I can tell that from... Just about everything in those pics, nothing even closely resembles a Belgian. o_O

Besides, Belgians are closer to 7-8 pounds, right? (Peace is a Belgian and he's around 7 and a half, and they are lean and EXTREMELY long! Like a slinky :) )

Kipcha wrote:
...I don't know what breed she is, but there is not Belgian Hare in Solara, I can tell that from... Just about everything in those pics, nothing even closely resembles a Belgian. o_O

Besides, Belgians are closer to 7-8 pounds, right? (Peace is a Belgian and he's around 7 and a half, and they are lean and EXTREMELY long! Like a slinky :) )

[align=center]Yeah, I was thinking that she's definitely not XD O_O Cause she does not resemble one at all as you said. XD

I would agree that she is likely a Mini Rex or Rex mix. Even though she doesn't have rex fur- it is a recessive gene so she was likely mixed with a non-rex causing the normal fur.

But her head shape, body shape, weight, and ear length would all point toward some type of rex mix to me. However, she could be something completely different. It is difficult to tell with mixed rabbits. They don't have very telling characteristics like dogs do.

Latest posts

Back