may get kicked out of our apartment- please think of us today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, they came and went! They were only here about 5 minutes. The manager said she hadn't talked to the owner yet about the pets because she wanted to see what conditions their cages are in, but she said they look great. Hopefully the new owners are sympathetic! She said she'd call the owners sometime this week and get back to us. In the end, moving isn't the end of the world and I know everything will work out okay.

Also I ran and put food in Phoebe's food bowl when they knocked on the door so she would be distracted with food and not feel the need to pee outside her litter box :D Worked like a charm.

Wow just saw this. I should tell you what happened to us. Not fun.

Your new landlord has to wait until a month before your lease is up before giving you a 30 days notice to vacate. They cannot evict you until your lease is up.

I hope things turn out well for you. If you do have to move you can come to Washington State, come to Bremerton and live at the Erlands Point Apartments. There is a pet fee of $500, rent is $815 with $55 for garbage, sewer, and water.

That's wonderful that things went so well. The owners hopefully will listen to their people and let you be grandfathered in. Since they saw everyone was well taken care of it goes a very long way. :)

Let us know what happens! In our last apartment, I knew they didn't allow rabbits. So I had to hide ours..then they told us out of the blue they didn't allow Chinchillas (Which was NOT on the lease!) so for the entire year I had to hide them, it was such a pain in the butt!

In this apartment, they allow all animals (except for dog breed restrictions) but they don't know how many animals I have (3 rabbits, 2 chinchillas, 1 hamster, 3 mice, 10 reptiles) so my garbage disposal as been broken for about 3 months and I haven't had them come in the fix it because I am so nervous! lol!

They know I have at least 1 rabbit because I asked. They didn't have me pay a pet deposit or rent or anything!

Although I havent' paid the pet deposit for Wyatt (my cat) yet!

I hate apartmetns too! It is so nerve racking! :(

Hopefully they will talk to the owners and the owners will let us stay. I'll try not to worry about it too much because there's nothing I can do about it. The property manager said that because the people in the other two units are moving out (one of them has been there almost as long as we have), the owners would probably let us have a horse in our living room if it meant we would stay since they don't wan the entire building empty! The property manager saw that everything is clean and tidy, so now it really just hinges on how the owners feel about animals. If they hate animals, too bad for us.

My own mother-in-law keeps telling us that if we move to Washington, we can move into the small house they own and rent out down there. But that we'd have to get rid of "those rabbits" first because no rabbits will be in a house she owns. Yeah right. We would pay to rent somewhere in that case. She thinks her dog is perfect but my bunnies are filthy. I don't even know where she got that idea from since she's only seen my bunnies kept in very clean conditions and knows they use litter boxes. She didn't grow up on a farm or anything and even had a pet bunny as a kid (the bunny had to live outside). Frustrating.

Please note we aren't considering moving to Washington (that would be a bad choice since I'm still in school up here and my degree is rather Alaska oriented), but I'm just trying to say that I know some people are adamantly anti-pet for no specific reasons or the owners could have been burned in the past by other pet owners in their properties.

Hopefully everything will go well, because they saw your animals are clean. :)

When I lived in an apartment I had a cat, and the landlady came over one day to bring us a new hoover (vacuum cleaner :D) so I put him in his carrier, put loads of blankets over him so it looked like a pile of blankets and put on loud music so you couldn't hear him meow :D

We were still waiting to hear back, but I had to call the management people today because our heat is off and I asked the manager then. She said that she talked to the owner and the owner is okay with the pets! Hooray! She said the owner doesn't need pet rent or a pet fee, just wants us to sign a pet policy, which the management is drawing up right now. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but I'm just so glad we get to stay!

That is awesome. So happy for you guys. *hugs*

Thats good to hear.I know that here in washington they actually CAN evict you even if you have a lease if you are breaking the terms of the lease. Also legally in washington you are automatically grandfathered in the pet policy if your apartments switch owners. However after the lease is up though then you have to follow the terms of the new lease. But the pet policy will basically say that they have to be taken care of, you know clean cages and that stuff. If the pet does any damage to the property you will be responcible. You know just the basic stuff.

HOO - RAH !!:yahoo:

Shiloh,

I had been reading but hadn't commented but just wanted to say YAY! I admit, I wasn't worried though. I knew they would like you too much :wink

Ha, Nela, maybe Nedders was a good spokesbun? The manager immediately asked about his ears and was horrified when I told her what happened to him before we got him. Maybe she told the owner that we're great because she didn't want to put him out on the street :D Kerensa helped the cause too- she wanted to come out of her cage so I took her out and let them pet her. She's too adorable not to love. Not that I'm biased or anything!

Latest posts

Back