Mattie's middle name

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bindi

Reaction score
My first rabbit ended up with a middle name so it became a quirk to give all bunnies a middle name.

Mattie came with his first name... he became officially mine as of today :) He's a ginger and white Dutch x Angora and I thought about having another Dutch middle name (my previous bunny boy who passed in November was Schatje-Oren, and he was a Netherland Dwarf)... I also like the name to mean something. With Mattie, I went through a few words on a translator before looking around and coming up with "Harigen", short for "Roodharigendag" (Redhead Day in Dutch), which kinda fits because he's both ginger and hairy. The problem there is that I don't know how to pronounce it... Google translate has a function but I don't know how accurate it is. At any rate, if I tried to pronounce it like "she" does, I'd sound like a moron. So the dilemma there is- do I keep it as the Dutch pronunciation or Anglicise it? (the latter makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, admittedly).

Alternatively, I don't know if anyone can come up with similarly imaginative names for my boy?

56q0hKa.png

Last edited:
It's not Dutch and probably not very imaginative, but looking at his picture with the mud on his paws I would give him the middle name of "the digger." ;)

I know, bless him, he was having such fun making a mess of himself. He's got a strange habit of occasionally trying to push mud around with his nose though, no idea why!

Back