mats?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
What kind of mats do you guys buy for the cage?Straw mats? Someone said you can find those at petsmart. I might trythose but I'm sure that will get chewed up fast won't it?

You can use grass/straw mats. My guys love to eat them and shred them, lots of fun.

The whole point of using a grass or straw mat is to give them somethingto entertain themselves and rest on all in one go. Sometimesthey will pee on them, so then you would have to find something else,but most buns love them!

--Dawn

if my bun pees on her mats, I just take scissors (or tinsnips, if it's a thick mat), cut ff the peed-on part and throw it away.

I know this probably won't work for some bunnies (they're all so different!), but it might be worth a try.

I might try that first and see how he likes it.

If i want something carpetted too, can i use bathmats if they don't have plastic on the bottom ?

ok thanks pam. I think i'm going to get both.One to cover the floor. I don't think he likes the linoleum and theother for munching.

You need to keep a very close eye on yourbunny(ies?), to make sure there's no chewing and eating of carpet orother materials that could cause a blockage.

I'm finding that gras mats over plastic office mats + a canvas tarpworks well, but that's just me. If you look at the NIC cage thread inthe Photo Philes forum, you can see what other people use. Definitelyworth a look, for ideas, etc.

Latest posts

Back