Mary Jane

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
I just can't believe I am writing this... I had years and years left with my bubby... And he was taken from me. I found my sweet boy cold in his cage when I returned from work today. Nothing too obvious, just... gone.

I got MJ around this time last year... As an itty bitty baby. He wasthe lastleft-over Easter bunny, given to me from a crappy petstore because they couldn't sell him. I thought he was a girl... Hence his name, Mary Jane. He was such a sweet, trusting, adorable baby. He made the move with us to Iowa, and I got him a husbunn, Breakfast... And that's when we learned Mary Jane was not a SHE, but a HE! Mary Jane gota little moody with age... But he was still my special fuzzy boy. He LOVED his nightly salads and his romps around the house. He loved the dogs. When he was at his pen he would just stare at me evilly... Waiting to punish me for putting him in a cage for the night! How silly I was, to treat him like that, he thought. He was a quiet soul and I wish I had had more time with him. He was my first rabbit getting back into rabbits from a long hiatus... He was very special to me and I miss him dearly. I'm so sorry Bubby. I love you, and I'll see you again one day. Don't forget to remember me.

My little tiny baby bunn

IMG_4226.jpg

With my dog Karly

aa.jpg

The boy and him

IMG_4943.jpg

And then he got big...

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

He was the best frolicker...

IMG_9632.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

Probably. I never hear anything conclusive so I am not getting my hopes up. Sometimes rabbits just die. He wasn't ill or any different up until he was dead.

oh no i was so sad to see his name in the rainbow bridge, i thought you were posting pics until i seen the rainbow bridge. I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh, I am so sorry. :hug:
I loved Mary Jane so much, I always looked forward to seeing pictures of him.

Binky free, sweet Mary Jane. :rainbow:

we're so sorry for your loss of MJ, he was a cutey. We lost our Bonnie the same way-she was fine and when our son came over to feed the buns that night as we were out, he found her in her hutch on her side, gone. No matter how long you have them with you, it's so hard when they leave and no amount of time is long enough. Goodbye sweet boy and binky free.

I opened this not knowing the section it was in, what a shock. I always enjoyed seeing MJs pics, because you take great rabbit pics, he was an adorable bunny.

I know you filled his life with as much love as he put joy and fun in yours. And what we saw was only the tip of the iceberg. He had a wonderful life with you, of that much we can tell for sure.

You will live on in my heart
my little friend so true,
and memories of you will fill my mind
until I go to you :bunnyangel:

:tears2:i am so sorry:hug: i found roxy's first husbun under similar circumstances and it's heartbreaking.

binky free little fuzzbun, gone too soon:rainbow:

Oh no. I saw his name in the subject line and tear sprung to my eyes. I so hoped it was another bunny - not yours.

I'm so sorry for your loss - I know many of us on the forum are grieving also.

Back