Marley my holland lop, 2 days after being fixed :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessMc

Reaction score
Hi guys!
So, I Haven't been posting in awhile but I've been reading a lot on this forum and also learning a lot. :)

I've got some great news, Marley, my Holland lop, has been neutered! :D

I didn't want to get him neutered at first, I was kinda scared cause I didn't thought there was any experienced rabbit veterinarians around where I live, also, I didn't really felt like paying for it (i'm a student and school is CRAZY expensive! lol) . Anyways - When marley turned 7 months, he started spraying( especially me and my dog) and he smelled awful, I had to clean his litter everyday, sometime twice a day!
I then decided to get him neuter, and after I've done research, I found a great vet, who's been practicing for over 30 years and he was used to do that procedure!
I think that for 140$ its more than worth it - Marley will have a happier life, my room wont smell, and hopefully, he won't spray anymore!
By the way, after only 2 days, he's doing awesome :) drinking, eating, even binkying (watch the video)! :) I've even notice that the smell already got way better, I haven't changed the litter for 2 days and it doesn't smell bad, so that's great :coolness:

http://youtu.be/CfTbRQJS5-I

By the way, sorry for my bad English, i'm French ;P

He´s adorable and looks to be doing really well. Mine recovered really quickly as well. I love his colour, he´s a similar colour to Houdini, my dwarf netherland.

Look forward to seeing more about Marley on his blog :hello

I'm so glad Marley is feeling good and hopping around, but when I had my rabbits neutered the vet told me to keep them in their cages and quiet for 5 days so they wouldn't accidentally open up their incisions. Are you sure you should be letting him binky around like that so soon after his surgery?

At the vet they didn't told me anything besides giving him the medication - Now that you said it though, it would make sense not to let him binky; just in case, I won't let him be free in my room for another 2 days (cause anytime he has enough space to run around he binkys haha). His wounds do look like they are healing very well though :)

Latest posts

Back