Marking With Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warminwisco

Reaction score
There is a short hallway I do not want them going down which leads to the laundry room and back office where there alot of tight little hiding spots. They will pee right in front of the door, or in front of the fence. Since neutering they pee no where else.

They must be mad, or whats up with "marking" their terraine? What can be done? I guess I am thinking for a towel or something in front of the fence and door so if they pee, hee hee can be washed. If ya get it ourt of the carpet before it drys real dry it comes without discoloration out otherwise what is guaranteed to get pee out? I think nothing?Thanks

Have you tried thoroughly cleaning the area they are peeing with vinegar? Vinegar will get the smell out so that they will no longer smell the old pee and may stop peeing there. Test it somewhere where you will not see it so much and a small spot first too make sure it will not stain your carpeting.

You could place a towel or small rug down that could be washed easily. Or even put a litter box there if you can.

Thanks for the tips, any cleaner which gets out old pee stains? I have some stuff that will get it out if it is just dried but if fried more than a day or two it is lighter then darker the longer it stays unattended to. Thanks

I had to use some simple green today. Oreo is still learning potty training.

I would probably put a small litter box there. I know it would probably look weird, but they would probably use it.

What color is your carpet? White? You could try peroxide, but it might take the tint out of your carpet. Maybe you could try a little dab in a corner or something and see how it effects the color of your carpet. If it doesn't do too much since the carpet is already light, then maybe you could try peroxide to get the pee stains out. I love peroxide for cleaning, its really good but it does discolor things.
You may want to look up putting peroxide on the carpet though! I wouldn't just do it all willy nilly.

The vinegar should clean up pee stains even if they are older. You may have to use just vinegar (not mixed with water) or let it set for some time. Just test in a small unseen spot first to make sure it doesn't take out carpet dye.

Latest posts

Back