Marking Territory?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
I was making lunch in the kitchen, and I had Ivory out to run on the rugs that are in there (hardwood floors). He was up on his back legs licking as far up on the dishwasher and fridge as he could get, and when i opened the fridge, he got the inside too. I'm guessing this is another way (besides chinning) buns mark territory.

Whats the strangest thing your buns have marked as their own?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe there was something tasty left on thefridge?

Pebbles chinned my dogs tail, but I took the dog away before she could do anything else. Pepsi tried to chin my eyebrow before :D.

Marking Territory, or Marking Me? :D

When I first met Pebbles at the Vets, she was licking my hand.
When I picked her up, She Peed On Me!:shock: She Owns Me. ;)

Rainbows! :bunnydance:

Charlie chins my toes on a daily basis. If my toes are available, he is there chinning them.

Not sure why...

Snuggy has started licking inanimate objects, too - A LOT. It drives me crazy. She licks the bars of the cage, the furniture, the molding. I thought she had some sort of deficiency, so I got a mineral lick and a salt lick and she doesn't like them.

Glad to know she's not the only one!

Ditto the whole feet thing! My big toes are totally owned by my three girls... if I'm on the floor, Thistle and Heather especially like to chin them. I'm a bit wary of Heather doing it though, as she likes to nip the undersides of my heels... :p

My girls also own my budgie cage. They love chinning it. Oh, and they like to chin their carrots and stuff, right before they eat them. Odd little luvvies :p

as i type right now, Ivory is coating the outside of my garbage can with rabbit spit. Maybe he just likes the texture, its one of these metal ones. But he also licks his little metal cave i made for him, and my sofa, and me, and pretty mcuh anything he can get his tongue on. he loves licking the carpet, but im not a fan of that one.

That's so cute...

I've had Flower and Maisie mostly chin my knees when I'm sitting on the floor with them. They chin my toes sometimes, too, but it seems the knee is the most popular place with them. :)

What cuties!!

Aww...that's so cute. Must've been a shock the first time she did it! Lol...I always laugh when Flower sniffs my face and gives me sniffy kisses on the nose...so many whiskers!! I've discovered thanks to her and Maisie that bunnies have MANY more whiskers than cats! Lol...tickly little bunny kisses! :D

peapoo_bunny wrote:
peapoo always chins my nose when im laying down..but ive nevernoticed petey chinning anything

LuvaBun wrote:
Both Pernod and Perry have chinned my budgie,
:D

I've noticed when we bring another animal in the house, Pebbles chinning increases. If it was a dog (Desmond) or another rabbit, Pebbles would chin everything that they touched.

Rainbows! :carrot:brown-bunny

Moses marked a couple of my rats..
d045.gif
.."I make you my slave and you and you..."

OMG...that is too funny!! I can't imagine what Frosty must have thought!! Poor little guy probably thought he was TOAST! LOL!! That's so cute!!

LuvaBun wrote:
Both Pernod and Perry have chinned my budgie, Frosty. He can't fly and was running around the floor, and both of them rubbed their chins on him - he was NOT amused!!!! :cool:

Jan

Poor little Rattykins!! Lol...I just can't picture my buns chinning our cats, though I think Flower tried once! She started sniffing our boy, Hobbes', tail, and he got all offended and started crab-walking away (so he could watch her), but she followed him! Lol...if he'd sat still, I think he would've been chinned! LOL!! Poor guy didn't know WHAT to think!! He jumped out of the bunny play pen quite soon after that, and with gusto! Hehe!! Flower looked all dejected and confused, wondering why he wouldn't let her sniff him...it was cute!

Mümmel wrote:
Moses marked a couple of my rats..
d045.gif
.."I make you my slave and you and you..."

Latest posts

Back