marigolds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATH

Reaction score
I recently bought a bag of timothy hay (kaytee brand). I received a small bag of sample hay to try. It contains timothy hay mixed in with marigolds, which are marketed as an antioxidant. Thoughts on this? Have marigolds always been used. I personally have never heard of them. I've given my bunny a little of the hay. He seems to like it/not have any issues. Does anyone else feed marigolds?

Okay good to know. The marigolds in the bag are much darker, perhaps it's just because they are dried out. I gave him so more, which he devoured and seems perfectly fine with them. Your bun seems to enjoy them too! Nice plants :) Thanks for the info

edited to fix spelling

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Just to clarify, Susan has got the pot marigolds, aka calendulas.

Other marigolds are not bunny-friendly :)

Not to worry you but, from what I can see of the shape and colorof the flower, and the leaves, I think it's Tagetes erecta, Mexican marigold, that she has.
It's still ok to let him eat the flower petals though. They are used in Mexican cuisine, in poultry feed to improve eggyolk colour, and ti extract a yellow food colour.

Latest posts

Back