Manipulative bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
My two guys are sort of spoiled, but I do not give them sugary treats very often. They get a couple raisins every other day or so. This morning, three times, one of them jumped up on the couch and sat there looking at me, and his brother took his usual spot at my feet, and climbed up on my leg. This meant it was raisin time. How could I resist? They have me trained!

lol, my boys will chase you around until they get thier daily cheerio ration...they even will bite my roomies feet for them.
then my other rabbit is a horrible begger...she doesnt bother manipulating, just takes your food and run. she stole my pizza last week

failure to provide a tasty evening snack carrot will result in the food bowl thrown across the floor and pellets scattered everywhere:nerves1 even more so since their very bun savvy recommended a carrot as an extra source of water during the heat wave:)

fuzz16 wrote:
lol, my other rabbit is a horrible begger...she doesnt bother manipulating, just takes your food and run. she stole my pizza last week

My guys are insistent, but they don't wait around. If I don't give them what they want, when they want it, they just turn around and ignore me.

I have been the victim of a bunny attack whenever even a small whif of banana is in the vicinity. Just the crack of a banana, will cause Dori to come running across the room, and if you happen to be sitting on the couch, you will be wearing a very large live bunny scarf until you give in and give her some banana :nerves1

I've avoided these problems by "training" my rabbits first. I make a clicking noise with my tongue before I give them treats, so they know they only get treats when I make that noise.

Hehe Gordon...i think your boy's have you wrapped around their little paw:nod

Bunnies are smart and they know what they want and how to get it..mine try it with me all the time

Call me crazy - but it doesn't bother me that my bunnies have me trained (the ones that do....many don't).

I find the treats are a great way for me to connect with them...and they are such hoots.

I still picture Tiny running to me for a banana....he had to be VERY VERY mad at me to turn that down (although he did a few times).

Treat times with my bunnies are some of my favorite memories.

hartleybun wrote:
failure to provide a tasty evening snack carrot will result in the food bowl thrown across the floor and pellets scattered everywhere:nerves1 even more so since their very bun savvy recommended a carrot as an extra source of water during the heat wave:)
my rabbit used to do that until i cut a hole in a cardboard box and put the bowl in it. now she just chews on the sides of it.

I guess I'm weird...I love that my babies have me so well trained! LOL! Whiskers is our beggar...as soon as come down the stairs in the morning, he's running all around, sitting up and begging. Missy Pumpkin just thumps and waits, then grabs whatever she can reach....and it had better be what she wants, or trouble ensues!

Don't get me wrong, I love that they love and know me so well, that they know how to manipulate me.

Not sure if that made sense. :p

Peter is the alpha bunny here and he is the one who always asks for things first. His brother, Bugs, follows his lead.

Peter is also the one who will get into staring competitions with me. I guess you know who always wins.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Yeah... Rabbits don't really blink much, do they? It's like having a staring contest with a goldfish. lol

It's more than that. The rabbit I'm talking about really seems to be intense in his sideways stare. I think it is one of his ways of trying to communicate with me.

I thought I was the only one with a rabbit who has freakish treat habits!
My bun would take food right out of my mouth if I allowed him to! I give him ONE craisin or cheerio a day when I come home from work, for which he totally freaks out and climbs all over me for. I must admit, like some of the other posters, I totally love it:hearts:.

He has thrown his bowl on the ground and knocked over his water before because I did not give him his sweetie fast enough!

I love the attitude!

Latest posts

Back