Mama bunny's aggregation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyM4m4

Reaction score
I have a 4 day old bbaby rabbit. Its mother ate the others and ate the baby's foot one day 1. We separated them and tied off the foot to keep it from bleeding out. The baby still suckles from the mother on watch, however I don't know what to do if the foot becomes infected or how to prevent infection. I cannot afford a vet. What can I do?

If you can’t afford a vet, there is not much you can do, the tissue can become necrotic, especially if you have done an amateur tourniquet. Keep it clean and hope for the best but it might be you will need to euthanise if you can’t provide proper medical care.

Minor update: Baby is doing good but I just found something a bit worrying. I had thought the only injury was the leg, however, i I just noticed the bottom lip is split. I know i I can't help the leg much more but can I fix this?

Depends how bad the split is, again you might need to seek medical advice if you are that worried.

Just don't get too attached to the kit. Rabbits rely on pure numbers, if one litter doesn't work out one of the next 20 will. Do whatever you think is reasonable, but better refrain from naming the kit.

Momma stepped on the baby. The kit passed this morning. As expected ...

Latest posts

Back