Male Rabbit not showing any signs of sexual aggression

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorKat

Reaction score
I recently adopted a 6 month old un-neutered male rabbit and he is the sweetest thing ever. He does not bite, hump, or spray anything. I've read that unneutered males do all of that.. is this common for male rabbits to act this nice?

No experience here because I have a female but I have read cases of males never doing any of that so it does happen!

My previous boy Citrus, I did have him neutered but he also did not hump, spray or have any aggression towards me! I didn't have another bunny when I first for Citrus, so I don't know if that's why he never did any of those things?

I had an unneutered male and he did all of the above! That's why am I shocked that Sunny isn't mean! He is literally the sweetest bunny ever!

The only thing Sunny doesn't like is to be held while he's outside of his cage ( I don't blame him ). Other than that he is just adorable and loves to be pet on his head!

I am looking after my cousins male unneutered bunny, Cookie who is 7 months old and is so sweet, never humps, sprays, bites, he is extremely laid back! So it can happen! :D

Unneutered bucks can definitely be sweet, without the agression you mention. However, as they get older they DO start smelling like a buck. lol!

I hope bucks don't smell too bad! I still don't know what breed he is either, because maybe that has something to do with him being so docile?

Not all intact bucks showcase the typical behaviours and some do it more than others.
I have 2 intact Tan bucks and they are pretty different. Tesla is fairly hormonal, but it is mostly humping and circling. He is not aggressive, but doesn't like to be held (he would rather run around). He don't spray and and is pretty good with his litter box in the cage. The litter box does smell a bit when it is more dirty, but the smell is mostly in the box. He can smell a bit, especially around his bum. He is a very happy and social rabbit, always wanting to know what is going on and if people will pay attention to him.
Kraken is my other buck, he is also a Tan. He is more mellow than Tesla. He will hump a tunnel in the play pen and used to hump his bed. He doesn't spray either and is very good with the litter box in his cage. His box does not small as much, but can still have a bit if a buckish smell. He is also quite friendly, but is easier to handle and will be more comfortable being held for longer periods.

Sunny would much rather run around than be held, but once I start petting him on his shoulders he lays right up aganist me. I just hope he stays this sweet for forever!

Latest posts

Back