Male rabbit nesting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elyse Grace

Reaction score
I have two Male rabbits, both 6 months old. We notice some fur in the cage and the larger rabbit was being a little aggressive with the smaller one (they have always got alone). We have now separated then thinking that the larger one might have been picking on him what would explain the fur lose. But now the smaller one is what I was described as “nesting” he’s grabbing all the hay in his mouth, putting it into the corner, trying to dig the bottom of the cage and is pulling hair from their belly and putting in the pile but he is not bald and is very agitated. Got them both together from a pet shop and they told us they where both boys and the vets records stated they where both boys as well? Is it possible the smaller one is a girl and could be pregnant?

Just like Theo said. I think one of them is a girl. I think the shop wrongly diagnosed the genders. I’d separate them for now and possibly expect babies pretty soon. I have never had a pregnant rabbit but know a few people who have. I’d probably get the two spayed and neutered after, if she is pregnant or even a girl! You may have to rebond the pair depending on how long they’re separated for especially after them being neutered/spayed.

Thank you both. It does seem like they are a girl and she is possibly pregnant. They where separate as soon as we had any thought. Thank you for the advise and I will see in the next few days if there are any babies.

Latest posts

Back