Male dewlaps?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dewlaps occour in both females and males for many reasons.

They can occour in males if they have female tendencies. So it is determined by hormone balance, thats why you might be seeing dewlaps on them.

It can also be a sign of them being overweight (not saying that they are) but just to check feel their shoulders, if you can still feel them then they just have female tendencies but if you can't or struggle to feel them this is a sign of them being overweight and will need a diet change and possibly longer exercise sessions. However, if you feel the shoulder really easily it can also mean they're underweight so they might need more food than usual but still have enough exercise.

I hope this will help :)

they eat a "normal balanced diet" they are both brothers and desexed. i can feel there shoulder but they are sort of fat. they are both quite lazy buns and like to sit there and poop hehehe :)they are slightly over weight but not fat fat.

what do you mean by female tendencies?

they eat a "normal balanced diet" they are both brothers and desexed. i can feel there shoulder but they are sort of fat. they are both quite lazy buns and like to sit there and poop hehehe :)they are slightly over weight but not fat fat.

what do you mean by female tendencies?

Female features. Such as dewlaps (more fommon in females), not so much boxy heads which is what males have. Basicially more female hormone features.

Males can definitely have dewlaps. Bandit has a tiny little one under his chin, it's pretty adorable because of how small it is :p When he lies certain ways like yours are doing, I think he can appear to have a bigger dewlap, but I think it's just that bunny fluff :) I think your rabbits may just have some extra winter padding on them, sometimes when Bandit sits or lies in a similar manner he can appear to have a bigger dewlap like that, but it's just his bunny fluff and the way it sits. I think that's the case with yours too as a dewlap would present more bulgy under the chin in a male rather than just extra bulge all the way around the neck.

okay thanks guys :) when they hop around and binky its a bit smaller but still big, it is winter here so that would probably make sense but they rpoably have female features hehe :) thanks guys

Latest posts

Back