Making My Hutch Safer, Advice,,,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrey5290

Reaction score
I just got the hutch, i just put him out there this morning, and the wire on it seems very strong, but im still worried about predators, what do i need to worry about? i have about 4 cats that roam around here, are they a Big threat, i dont think that they would be able to get through the wire, and is it okay to leave him in the hutch overnight, i havent let him yet, hes been in the house since i got him, but now that i got the hutch i was just going to put in a seperate cage in the garage at night.
Thank you Jeffrey,
im going to post pics of him and the hutch in a minute,
Im showing you the hutch to see if its ok.

Im new to all this so i need all the help i can get. lol

i dont know what your hutch looks like right now. but i would say make sure it has a good lock on it so nothin can get in. I can suggest things once i see pictures as I have a rabbit hutch for my boys.

I am trying to make it impossible for predators to get my bunny,
so i was thinking i could put skinny wood posts in front of the wires so nothing can get through even if it broke through the wire,
what do you think,
i was going to do it on all three sides and on the top,

Good idea or waste of money, and if so where do i buy the wood posts

Thats my plan,
what do you think??!?

Picture048-1.jpg

My worry would be would it stay together if knocked over as in the uk we have foxes that knock over hutches to get binto them maybe secure the hutch to the wall behind cute bun !!

I feel that way when I bring home a new rabbit to, but they'll be fine I have a hand built hutch to and nothings ever gotten into it, which is amazing since I have: mountain lions, bears, coyotes, cats, dogs, foxes, hawks, bobcats/lynks, and the list goes on. so I wouldnt worry about it :)

That hutch looks ghetto dude!

Go buy a new hutch! Did you build that yourself? One half of the legs are propped up by a brick and the lid is kept on with a rock?

Back