Making A Difference

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
I had a vision for a video. One that would help rabbits and make people to do some serious thinking before buying a rabbit or breeding. Finally I'm done... and quite proud of my work. If it's not too much to ask, I would appreciate it if you could watch it (only about 3 mins long) and share your thoughts. Feel free to share it with others to try and educate, I just ask that you credit me. Thanks!

--Erika :bunny24
[align=center][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vbLRQEIWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vbLRQEIWw[/ame][/align][align=center]

Or
[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

Very beautiful.

That was great Erika.

Good work, I'll be passing that around to some other forums I'm on. :)

Very nicely done!

Aww Erika, I've got tears in my eyes... I've never seen a rabbit rescue before (we don't have them up here)...Looks like it's a safe place, but no running around for fun... just waiting...

Sad.
Good job, tho. You've got me wanting another bun or three...

Thank you!!
Rabbit rescues are just so full (so as you can imagine) the bunnies just cant get out that much. They still get wonderful care of course. The rabbits at the rescue I volunteer at are very loved and receive only the best care. For example, the rescue I work with has added a large covered porch onto their house just for the bunnies to get exercise in!!

I really like it! I watched without sound cuz i'm at work but it's so bittersweet to see all those faces. I especially liked seeing on Chester's cage "will bite." People who rescue these lost bunnies often have to put up with some bad behavior, and it gave me a chuckle thinking of some bunnies i know at our shelter that also "will bite" but we put it more gently as the cages are visible to potential adopters: "please go slow with me. i am territorial."

Kudos to you and your rescue, and I hope many see your video!!

Well done!!!!!!!!! You were very thoughtful and gentle. Not angry. Not preachy. Very nicely done! And, thanks for crediting the music. Kevin MacLeod is GREAT!!!!! I've used alot of his work. :)))

You did guuderest!!!!!!!!

That was great Erika! I loved it. I was teary eyed. I think that if you could show that the video was a rabbit rescue than people would know what it was, i didn't really, its ok though if you don't, also maybe add some for facts and maybe some sort of graphic pics of mistreated rabbits maybe. It would just convey the message better.

Overall very well done!

Thats really well composed Erika:) I never actually new the extent of the problem, I knew it was bad but thats like packed! we only ever have max of 5.

BSAR wrote:
That was great Erika! I loved it. I was teary eyed. I think that if you could show that the video was a rabbit rescue than people would know what it was, i didn't really, its ok though if you don't, also maybe add some for facts"
[line]Thanks! I thought it's fairly obvious to people that I was talking about rescues, what else would it be? I didn't want to add too many facts since I don't to come off as 'preachy'.

"and maybe some sort of graphic pics of mistreated rabbits maybe. It would just convey the message better."
[line]I would have done that, but I don't have any graphic pics of mistreated rabbits. I guess I could have just goggled it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable using other peoples pictures without the OK. Anyway, shouldn't just the image of all those rabbits coming from mostly horrific conditions/situations be enough to get someone thinking? I sure hope so!

"
Overall very well done!
Thanks everyone!

tonyshuman- I think what you saw was Gidgets "Will Bite" sign. :D She is a tiny netherland dwarf with a BIG attitude. She isn't available for adoption. Many of the rabbits at the rescue I volunteer at (which is where the video came from) are resident bunnies that might spend forever at Second Chance Bunnies due to various reasons. Either due to special needs, aggression problems that wont let up, etc. Though I've been told on many occasions, if someone falls in love with one of the bunnies not currently available, it cant be helped! ;)

Erika that is the best rabbit video I have ever seen.

Do you mind if I post it about on email to raise awarness, of course I will definetly put that you made it. If not don't worry just tell me, or is it on youtube? Then I could just hand out the link.

It is beautiful...

lovely video awareness really is needed to be made these days and its people like yous that i respect for helping :)

i once made a video to help make awareness from picturesof rabbits in the uk who have been neglected the states they were when going into rescues the houses they lived in but watching it back made me cry and i thought it was alittle to much even though the pictures really opened my eyes.

good work :)

Thank you!!

Becca- Your right, putting it on Youtube will be much easier. It's uploading to my account right now. I will post the link so it's easier to share it with people once it's done. :cool:

Here is the video on Youtube

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vbLRQEIWw[/ame]

Wow, so that's what a rabbit overpopulation problem looks like, great video, poor bunnies if there are so many beautiful abandoned bunnies then why are people still buying petshop bunnies :?

irishbunny wrote:
Wow, so that's what a rabbit overpopulation problem looks like, great video, poor bunnies if there are so many beautiful abandoned bunnies then why are people still buying petshop bunnies :?

sadly its due to breeding aswell :(alot of people think it'll only be a couple of babies but they dont realise that those couple of babies turn into hundreds because they'll sell their babies to people who will breed and then those babies owners will breed so on and so forth i rehomed 2 of my does babies to people i dont even know for all i know those2 babies i brought into the world and sold on could now be 200 some of those sitting in rescues :(

i think selling all animals in pet shops should be made illegal in my opinion

W5Skittles wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

sadly its due to breeding aswell :(alot of people think it'll only be a couple of babies but they dont realise that those couple of babies turn into hundreds because they'll sell their babies to people who will breed and then those babies owners will breed so on and so forth i rehomed 2 of my does babies to people i dont even know for all i know those2 babies i brought into the world and sold on could now be 200 some of those sitting in rescues :(

i think selling all animals in pet shops should be made illegal in my opinion
That is true, although not all people who breed do so on purpose. Because most people can't tell the difference between a buck and a doe, they get two bunnies and wind up with a litter. Then, if theydon't separatethat litter, or if they don't get mommy and daddy separated in time, there is another litter. And so on, and so on. It is very easy to get in over your head with bunnies. :(

Latest posts

Back