Maisie's got a new pasttime...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
So, last night we finally got Flower's cage up, and he's been having a GREAT time in it...binkies like there's no tomorrow!!

We have Maisie's cage perpendicular to Flower's (with over a footin-between), and noticed last night that she has a newpasttime. We saw her laying or sitting down for the longesttime, just watching Flower explore and run around his cage.It was really adorable! We call it Flower TV.

It's really wonderful! Since he's come home, she's been somuch more active, and interested in us, and excited...it's socute! When he comes around the front of his cage, she goesover to the side of hers (which faces the front of his) and has herears all alert...and they look like they communicate a bit...because hehas his ears forward, too. It's so cute to see my babiesinterested in each other, and communicating in their own way!They're so excited to see another bun there! :bunnydance:

I think them being able to see each other, and living next to eachother for the months to come until they're both altered will help thebonding process in the long run...they'll already be used to eachother. :)

ohh i bet Flower is a happy little guy nowexploring his new home and everything annnnnd he even has a prettylittle girl living next door to him;)

awww i can just imagine Maisie getting excited because a new man hascome to live next door to her as well,hehe that would be enough forMaisie to get excited about she has a new man to sit and watch now

im sure them being close to one another and seeing each other will helpwith the bonding process when it is time for them to meet:)

cheryl

When they do bond (and I am sure they will), itwill be you that sits and watches them - having a pair of bunnies towatch has taken over from TV in our house. The way they interact is apleasure to see - even when they are up to mischief, it's still cute :D

Jan

He sure is happy, too. You shouldsee all the baby binkies this little guy is doing...some straight up,some sideways, you name it. Baby buns have so much range intheir binkies! :bunnydance:

It's funny, because (I think I posted a couple of things about it)Maisie was getting less active and didn't want to come out as muchanymore when I opened her cage during the day. I wouldliterally leave the cage open ALL DAY LONG, and she would come outMAYBE five minutes during that time. It would be open fromabout 10am til I went to bed at night at 10pm. She justseemed so bored.

Now that Flower's here...she can't WAIT to get out and sniff around(and spray a little, argh) and instead of sleeping all day, she's backto her running-around-in-circles-in-the-cage self, and instead of notcoming when I open the top to put food in, she RUNS (well, the hoppetyequivilent of running) over and BEGS for me to pet her. It'sso funny! I love that my Maisie is her active, excited selfagain. I just knew having another bun bun here would bringthat out in her again! :)

cheryl13 wrote:
ohh i bet Flower is ahappy little guy now exploring his new home and everything annnnnd heeven has a pretty little girl living next door to him;)

awww i can just imagine Maisie getting excited because a new man hascome to live next door to her as well,hehe that would be enough forMaisie to get excited about she has a new man to sit and watch now

im sure them being close to one another and seeing each other will helpwith the bonding process when it is time for them to meet:)

cheryl

I have to say, though I have to admit I'mstill quite a newbie when it comes to buns, I think when it comes timeto bond them we'll have quite an easy time at it. I say thisbecause Maisie hasn't been acting territorial AT ALL...she's just plainEXCITED about her new friend. :)

I can't wait to see them all snuggly together...you're right...that TVwon't even be ON anymore...and you guys will have more snuggle picturesthan you can handle!! :D

Ok, calm down...I have to remind myself I still have about three months to go...*sigh*

Oh, to heck with it...HAPPY BUNNY DANCE!!:bunnydance::bunnydance:

LuvaBun wrote:
When they do bond (and I amsure they will), it will be you that sits and watches them - having apair of bunnies to watch has taken over from TV in our house. The waythey interact is a pleasure to see - even when they are up to mischief,it's still cute :D

Jan

Latest posts

Back