Mah New Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarotknits

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Angie and this Saturday I became the proud owner of a beautiful, friendly, gentle giant named Colonel Brandon. :brown-bunny:
After reading these forums for over two weeks I had to share that I was so thankful the information on this site and the help of one of the moderators with my questions on Flemish Giants. I always do my research before an animal aquires me so lucky for bun bun Brandon I had these forums to go to or he wouldn't have a slave to cater to his every whim. So with Brandon's many thanks and without further ado.. here is the prince Flemish Giant himself.
bestColbrandon.jpg

Ahhhhh so cute! I love those giant ears on baby flemmies! Welcome to the world of being a flemish giant slave.

More pictures please!

If he ever gets too warm in Georgia he can come to Indiana to cool off.

If I sent him to visit I'm pretty sure you wouldn't send him back! He's just too cute to let go, trust me. Everytime I watch him I squeal because this kind of cute can kill you and he's only 6 weeks old. Imagine what that kind of cute can do when he's bigger!

Colbrandon2.jpg

This is his first day with us, checking out his new cage and all his new toys. His cage is a 2x5 cubes, we intend to make it bigger in two weeks. Right now he has tons of room and just loves coming out of his cage to binky everywhere.

You can just barely see it in this picture but he is a little darker brown on top than on his lower half. Its adorable looks like someone dipped half of him in lighter colored paint.

I wish you could see just how friendly he is, he laid down in his box on the way home in the car and just chilled out. He got in his cage and looked around and came to see us as if to say thanks before he laid down to relax. He doesn't bite, growl, nor jump at loud noises. Even the dust buster I use to clean his cage doesn't phase him. He is as mellow and happy as they come and always glad to run to the side of the cage to see my husband and I. He likes being petted and nuzzling our hands and feet. He's just perfect.

Welcome and soo cute!!
You should start litter training him now so you don't have to fight it later! My flemmie is proving quite the pill to train >.< lol/
Also make sure you have plenty of hay! I didn't see any in your photo so I just wanted to make sure :D
More pics!! Lady is the sweetest thing too, such an awesome temperament!

I'm definitely working on the litter training, its slow but we are making a little progress everyday, more so with his urine than with his poos. His hay bin is in the back part of the cage with his litter box. What you are seeing is only about a third of his actual cage. I also have hay in his litter box. That little rascal really loves his hay.

I really hope I can get him to start pooing in his litter box, it would make the cleanup so much easier. Right now I am vacumning it up with a handvac and putting it in his litter box to show him its where he is supposed to go. He's smart I think he will figure it out.

Did you get him from a breeder? I got Lady from a breeder who had cages in the air so the poop and pee just fell 3 feet to the floor onto shavings, I'm pretty sure for awhile Lady had no idea why those pellets and puddles were following her around. Shes almost 100% with pee now, 2 weeks later, and poop is at like, 30% out of the boxes, which is still a lot, the booger. Just watch for the blanket, I gave Lady one initially and she peed and pooped ALL over that :/ So now she lost her soft things privileges for a bit.

Thanks everyone, and yes I did get him from a breeder I've known for a few years. We always go to her Rabitatat stall at the flea market and talk to her and look at the bunnies so when we wanted one we knew just where to go.[I did look on petfinder first but nothing caught my eye] She feeds her bunny high quality food and her rabbits are always in beautiful shape. I even got to view the father of my bun once as she brings him to show people just the size a flemish can get to and how laid back and relaxed they are. The father's name is Rusty and he's just beautiful.

As far as their cages go they are on wire at the market so yeah that might account for litter training. I don't think her Flems are on wire at home,[she always puts big Rusty in a dog pen] just when she brings them in to sell. As of today, its day three and last night as far as I can see he used his litterbox to pee so YAY that's good progress. Now the little pooper needs to figure out, hey my cage is much nicer if I poop in that box over there.

Welcome to RO! I think I am going to die of cuteness overload! :inlove:

Colonel Brandon is welcome in PA anytime he wants to get away from Hotlanta ;)

It is a burden indeed to have to live with such cuteness. Such cuteness has many side effects most of which are mild and can be treated with otc meds. Side effects may include squealing, grabbing ones own cheeks and shouting "HE'S SO CUTE!", overpetting of rabbit till his furred head is bald, and excessive camera use. So far its the latter that has plagued me.

My bunny puts his heart and soul into his mealtime.. along with his feets.

brandonfood.jpg

Latest posts

Back