Magic goes crazy! Rabbit hopper gone wild!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
RabbitHoppingmore032.jpg

^^Landing a jump

RabbitHoppingmore028.jpg

^^ Before going over the cross bars jump

RabbitHoppingmore036.jpg

^^Super good pic of him clearing a 15 1/2 inch tall jump! GO Magic! Go Mandi!( my sister (mandi) took the pic!)

More to come!

Woop. Go magic. :D

Haha, I should take a few more videos of Ollie when he's in a good mood. Ever seen a rabbit do a binky over a 18 inch jump? :biggrin2: Haha.

The picture of Magic over the 15 icher is a great picture. :) He's goinmg really well.

Thanks Killertheturtle and Mikoli!

Killer...it takes a LOT of work! Check out Mikoli's website for info on it.

Yeah you should get videos of Ollie! Nope, i've never seen a rabbit binky over a 18 inch jump...i'm guessing that'd be Ollie though, eh? I'd love to see that! lol.

Yeah my sis took the pic of him going over the 15 incher....

She's good. lol

BSAR

Mikoli your welcome to use all those pics (especially the good on of Magic jumping the 15 incher) on your website. Just make sure you state my name and all and i can give you updates on his progress or anything if you like. :)

Blue Sky

Hey nice sites Mikoli! There very cool! Uhm what's a bounce jump by the way? Also, how do you think i could make some uphill/downhill jumps at my house if all i have is flat ground to work with? I have some little hills i mean but they're so covered with grass and so steep. I might try them but i'm not sure.

Blue Sky Acres Rabbitry

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Hey nice sites Mikoli! There very cool! Uhm what's a bounce jump by the way? Also, how do you think i could make some uphill/downhill jumps at my house if all i have is flat ground to work with? I have some little hills i mean but they're so covered with grass and so steep. I might try them but i'm not sure.

Blue Sky Acres Rabbitry

Thank you! :) I'll put your pictures on my freewebs version of my rabbit hopping site, since I can't update the other one cause I lost the file.

A bounce jump is a term I borrowed from horse show jumping, it's a jump where the horse (or in this case, rabbit), takes only one or no strides (hops) between the jumps. They are generally close together, and it takes good balance to be able to complete them properly.

Here's a quick movie I whipped up of Ollie jumping a practice bounce jump. It's got once long stride in between, and generally they're tighter than that, but that's the best footage I've got.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-72HelEpJ8[/ame]

How steep are the hills? Could you take a picture? Rabbits are good climbers, and if he's able to complete the hill without a jump, he can do one with a jump. If they are really steep, would you be able to get a mound of dirt around 50cm high? You could make small mound, smooth it flat, and put a jump on a side, or make a "drop" fence, so the rabbit jumps at the top of the mound and lands lower then he jumped.

If not, you could make a sort of "bridge", or upside down U shaped structure made out of wood that Magic could hop over.

Rachel.

Lol, Butterfinger.

Alright, thanks Mikoli. I know the hill(s) are around 50cm high (or higher) right now. I would take a pic but im at my dads and the hill's at my moms. (I'll take a pic on Sunday, though!) I'll watch your video too.

Blue Sky Acres Rabbitry

Also Mikoli, could you explain to me how you hold little training shows? Like how you judge, how many jumps you have, what kind of jumps, uhm.....how you determine the winners? rules? etc...basically everything cuz i'd like to know! lol.

BSAR

Yep I am the one who took the pic of Magic jumping the 15 inch jump. Yesterday we built a 20 inch jump at my dads house. My sis will post a pic later. It is pretty cool. I can't wait unitl Magic starts jumping over that!! It will be so awesome.

BSAR

I'm at my moms house now. I forgot to ask my dad to get the camera so i'm going to have him possibly bring it over in about 10 minutes or so. So my sister can take good pics of magic jumping.

Mikoli, my computer doesn't let me watch your videos and it lets me watch others. Its weird. But they look really good. I wish i could watch Ollie jumping though! Hes so good!

Emily and magic

Ok so yesterday i took Magic out and decided to train him for a while. He didn't go over the 20 inch jump....but went through the cross bars instead. He was VERY cranky yesterday and kept tugging the leash right out of my hands. When i finally would catch up with him he'd jerk around like a crazed animal. That's when you need to pick them up and let them just calm down! so i did. He sat on my lap for a little and i cooled him down and offered him water (which he didn't drink) and then i had my sister come take some pics. It took us -forever!- to get good shots of him...but he was SUPER happy when we were done...So here they are!

Jumping a white picket fence

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies012.jpg

(BELOW) Is of all our rabbits exercising in their NIC playpen. Not of Magic jumping but of him resting...lol.

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies010.jpg

And my dog (goldy) thought she'd try out the 20 inch jump meant for Magic too. She loves to go on his jumping courses lol!

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies007.jpg

Looking like a bear (below). And using his back legs on the jump.

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies006.jpg

AND MORE PICS!

Jumping over the white picket fence. This by far is his FAVORITE jump! He will go over these and the cross bars (shown above) all by himself, but he sometimes refuses them unless i'm standing right next to him.

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies005.jpg

Great picture (below) of him tucking under his front legs to clear the cross bar jump. He's too cute!

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies003.jpg

And landing the cross bars jump.

RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies002.jpg

I'll take more pics today when i train him after dinner. Enjoy!

Jumping over the white picket fence. This by far is his FAVORITE jump! He will go over these and the cross bars (shown above) all by himself, but he sometimes refuses them unless i'm standing right next to him.

In that post...i meant the cross bars in the picture below that one but above this one. lol. sorry for the confusion.

:yeahthat:

MORE pics and MORE to come!

(BELOW) Blurry pic of Magic jumping on a make-shift downhill jump.

MagicEmiMandiBunnies001.jpg

(BELOW) In mid-land on the smaller set of cross bars...blurry and far away.

MagicEmiMandiBunnies006.jpg

(BELOW) From left to right: Emily (Holding Willow) Magic (top) Autumn (middle) Savannah (bottom) Lily and Amanda holding Artie.

MagicEmiMandiBunnies008.jpg

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
RabbitHopGoldyHopBunnies012.jpg

Mikoli, this looks like it could be a bounce jump wouldn't it? Because the jumps are really close together and he only takes one hop (bounce) between them.

Yep, that's a bounce jump alright. :) I emailed you with advice for the kicking, but I think that the downhill jump should either be a) smaller, or b) have something soft to land on, since that's a pretty hard fall for a bunny that's not expecting it. :) Magic looks so adorable! Great work.:)

Rachel.

Thanks Mikoli. I'll reply to your email. Yeah i figured it was a bounce jump because he barely stops between the two. Thanks. He is cute. lol. Yeah i agree on the downhill jump. When he sees how far it is he springs out super far when he jumps. My mom has some foam so maybe i'll ask if i could borrow that for the landing area. I'm trying to get him to go over that 20 incher without the downhill but he just won't. I have to work on it.

Latest posts

Back