Mad rabbit disease?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serenz

Reaction score
Confirmed that both rabbits I have are bucks. Their nads are showing.

Sugar's been a little crazy recently. Me as usual, when I wake up I'll sit on the floor to refill their food. Then for no apparent reason Sugar came to me and bit me on my butt! Daddy being his usual self lying there on the floor, sugar will just go over and bite him! He's been bitting and pulling daddy's fur! This started about 2 weeks ago.

What's wrong with sugar???

I think it's time for a neuter. Hormones are probably taking action and they want to breed. How old are they?

I would separate them before someone gets seriously hurt from fighting, then you can rebond once they get neutered.

p.s....I edited the other word for "butt" because we have younger members on the forum :).

Opps.. sorry.. :p

They're both about 6 months old. Sugar is slightly younger by a week or 2 and he's the crazy one. lol

Now that I know I have 2 boys. Can boys bond?

I let them out in my room in the day and seperate them when I'm sleeping. That's ok right?

They are at the age where they will need a neuter. Male rabbits can be bonded, but I wouldn't suggest it for intact males.

I would schedule neuters at the vet ASAP. I would also keep them separated all the time. Fights can break out and someone could get seriously injured...whether you are in the room watching them or not. Their hormones are raging and if they want to breed....it can be dangerous.

Keep the separate and get to the vet for neuters. After they are healed, you can start rebonding them.

They're being naughty teenage buns. A lot of rabbits around that age can be a bit crazy, especially if they aren't neutered.

Two boys can be bonded but it's best if they are neutered. Intact males are far more likely to fight, not to mention that some like to spray urine. I vote for separating them right now too. At their age they have a lot of hormones flowing through them and are becoming increasingly territorial and interested in mating. This causes a lot of fights between rabbits and they can really hurt each other.

I'll give a little bit of funness to add to this thread: I don't trust unneutered bucks. At all. It's not the spraying, or the fighting, at least not at first.

It's when one starts humping the other, the one underneath takes a chomp at the one on top, and accidently "neuters" the other rabbit. That is why I don't trust them.

A rabbit's scrotum is like crepe paper, very thin....and it's easily bitten through. Oh the stories I can tell....

At the very least...Get on dominant one neutered.

Mabye you could keep them in cages right next to each other, basically jsut have a layer of wire in between them. When they get neutered, their scents will change, and if they are right next to each other the whole time,it should make putting them back together again much easier. You will probably still have to watch for Sugar biting you when you feed or let him out to play, though, until the neuter takes affect.

I'm planning to neut Sugar, he's always been the naughty one. Hmm.. I wonder if it'll be cheaper if i neut both together. :p

Latest posts

Back