Mab is on the other side.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elentari

Reaction score
Early this morning my bun Mab died. I know I've mentioned before on this site her struggles with her stomach. (everyone has been very helpful/supportive during those times so thank you.)
She had a really bad bout of GI Stasis from 11 pm, up until almost 11 am, and nowhere was able to take her, and the critical care management I was doing was just not enough. I was hoping she'd make it through since she has had other health issues that she defeated, and that she'd beat this too.
But this time she was in audible pain, and she had these tremors that would just hit her every time she moved. That is unfortunately how she died.
She was doing so much better recently after all her struggles, and playing just the other day that it really makes this hurt much more.

Here's one of my favourite photos of her, when she was around 2.
She was almost seven.

View attachment mab10.jpg

and the last photo I took of her, on her snuffle mat which she loved very much and would flop around on after foraging.

20230617_052229.jpg

Early this morning my bun Mab died. I know I've mentioned before on this site her struggles with her stomach. (everyone has been very helpful/supportive during those times so thank you.)
She had a really bad bout of GI Stasis from 11 pm, up until almost 11 am, and nowhere was able to take her, and the critical care management I was doing was just not enough. I was hoping she'd make it through since she has had other health issues that she defeated, and that she'd beat this too.
But this time she was in audible pain, and she had these tremors that would just hit her every time she moved. That is unfortunately how she died.
She was doing so much better recently after all her struggles, and playing just the other day that it really makes this hurt much more.

She was almost seven.

View attachment 64852

and the last photo I took of her, on her snuffle mat which she loved very much and would flop around on after foraging.

View attachment 64850
I’m so sorry for the loss of Mab
My heart goes out to you. She is out of pain but I know that you aren’t! Be kind to yourself and remember the precious memories you have of her!🙏😭💕

She was almost seven.

View attachment 64852

View attachment 64850
She was a gorgeous bun…I loved her coloring!!

I’m so sorry for the loss of Mab
My heart goes out to you. She is out of pain but I know that you aren’t! Be kind to yourself and remember the precious memories you have of her!🙏😭💕
Thank you, I am trying to be kind to myself but I am going through the "what if's" and the classic blame. Trying to remember how sweet and soft she was; which was always,

Thank you, I am trying to be kind to myself but I am going through the "what if's" and the classic blame. Trying to remember how sweet and soft she was; which was always,
Personally I don’t think is great to deal with “what ifs” for the most part! Particularly when we are dealing with our buns! We love them! We care for them! We hug and cuddle and pet and snuggle them ….as much as they will allow us! Then like in all life, things happen that are out of our control. Please just try to remember how sweet she was and the love and joy you brought to each other! You never did anything to harm her! She is having bibkies on the other side!!
Big hugs 🫶🫶🤗🐇🐇❤️❤️

Personally I don’t think is great to deal with “what ifs” for the most part! Particularly when we are dealing with our buns! We love them! We care for them! We hug and cuddle and pet and snuggle them ….as much as they will allow us! Then like in all life, things happen that are out of our control. Please just try to remember how sweet she was and the love and joy you brought to each other! You never did anything to harm her! She is having bibkies on the other side!!
Big hugs 🫶🫶🤗🐇🐇❤️❤️
yeah it's difficult to keep my brain from going there; im a disasterizer by nature so i keep trying to switch over to cute memories of her and hopefully i'll stop going down the dark route.
i hope she's having a good time wherever she is, thank you asgain

Back