Luv and Roger's home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
Its about time i make a spot for my babies.. I hope this picture works.. I am not the best with this kind of stuff.

Cristy

I have a few things that I would like to sharebut not rabbit related so i thought maybe i would just had it to thisthread.. I dont think Luv and Roger would mind us using this spot.

Today I was doing some running and we seen a lady holding a sign thatshe would work for food or money. Well my oldest son Williamwanted to hand her the rest of his hot cheetoes. I didntthink a hungry person with no money would be very happy if they werethirst and nothing to drink. I told the lady that I would goget her something.. We got mcdonalds. I brought her back a sandwichsome fries and a drink.. She seemed prettyhappy, but inoticed she kept holding the sign instead of eating right away.

Second today I registered my kids for school today. I am lookingforward to the break with no kids but i got to admit I am going to beso nervous putting Tyler on the school bus. I am sure he willbe fine. Justa little over a week left of summerbefore they go back.

Cristy

i used to walk home when i lived downtown, and iwould always give whatever food i had left over from my lunch, likepackaged snacks and fruit to homeless people. i was rare that some onereally appreciated it. i never give $$$ cause you never know if it willbe spent on drugs or alcohol.

It is very beautiful for you to show your children to help those less fortunate.

and i'm not a parent (cept my buns o'course), but my mum says thehardest part of being a parent is the letting go. as long as you givethe tools needed, like don't talk to strangers etc... you just do thebest you can.

all the best

Nicole

I just wanted to do a little update on myfamily.. My kids are off to school. Today is just for acouple hours.. Tyler got on the big yellow bus no problem.. He seemreally excited about going, i just dont think he understands why thetwin boys he rode on with the small bus isnt going to hisschool. A big part of me wishes he was onseptran a bus for special needs but i dont want to keep him behind andhave him think i expect less from him.

Cristy

I really haven't been talking much about mybunnies lately.. Luv and Roger are doing good. Ihave learned if you don't put Luv's bottle in a certein spot she don'tdrink and then she don't eat. So i have to remember to haveit her way. Roger is doing good. We moved him inthe kids room so he don't live next to luv anymore and he seems morefriendly craving attention.. Not that I mind giving it to him. I likeit.

My boys are doing pretty good. Keeping me busy.. I beenpretty stressed lately. In sept we found out our office was being shutdown and they offered serverance pay for us to not leave until theylaid us off. Even though they said therewasnt a need for surveys we seemed busy so I don't think it really hitme too much.. Just this week about half our employee's were laid offtwo weeks before our closing date. So besides missing peoplei grew to know, it makes it that much more real that I am losing myjob.. It would be easier if I didnt like my job and thepeople i worked around and for.. It was a good company. Wemade decent money. They gave us parties for holidays andreally worked around parents for their kids and college students andeveryone in general if they were old or young got along.

I only have two more weeks and its going to be so boring with half ofus gone. Since the finding out about the closing they havegave us a employee dinner at a nice restraunt, we had a holloweeencelebration with time off the phones and now i heard on the final daythey are throwing another party.. It just reminds me of howmuch of a good company it was to work for.

I don't plan on working till after the holidays if i can helpit, and after that most likely a day job.. So i know thiswill be good for my kids but I still can't help being sad.

Cristy

Hi Cristy! :wave:

More pictures of Luv and Roger please!!

What a weird thing for the homeless person not to eat the fast food youbrought. So much for being hungry, ey? It was verysweet of you to do what you did. Sadly, Nicky has a goodpoint. What a shame that people cheat like that because thosethat are really in need lose our trust because of it. Best togive to a soup kitchen or something along that lines than the bum onthe street I suppose. Here you are stressing about your joband money and you do that. What a heart of gold you have.

I can imagine how upsetting it is to have the company being shut downand losing daily contact with the people you shared so muchwith. Another job will come along and although it won't bethe same, it'll be good in it's own sort of ways. I wouldn'tbe surprised if you wanted to work during the holidays, youcould. Will say a prayer for you that you findsomething that you love.

What GREAT news that Tyler is going on the bigbus!

:yes:

-Carolyn

Sorry I don't post pictures much.. I have a hardtime resizing them.. Computers just arent my thing. My husband willonly show me so many times.

I am kind of thinking my next job might be with animals. Maybe doggrooming at a petco or something like that. BecauseI am being laid off i have a program that will assist me with trainingand college courses. I am not college material at least notwith taking care of kids and stuff too.. So maybe some training foranother job. Right now going to keep my optionsopen.

Cristy

What a great idea, Cristy!

I couldn't think of somebody that I'd rather see working withanimals. Between pet sitting, taking some classes ingrooming, working at an animal hospital...I'm sure you could findsomething of interest. The hardest part wouldbe nottaking them allhome, of course.

-Carolyn

I am pretty sure I wouldnt work in a vet'soffice cause I tend to be a emotional basket case sometimes and if ihad to help a sick animal to put to sleep, I would probablycry. No matter what I do with animals I think it would betempting to not take animals home but I think I have come to a point inmy life where I admit I have reached my limit of what I can carefor. Anymore animals in my house just wouldnt befair to the current ones or the new ones.

Cristy

Here is a picture Of My oldest son holdingLuv. Its a old picture from when i first adopted her from theshelter and she had the little cage.

Cristy

I am having some health issues with Luv. I wanted to show her off probably one last time..

Cristy

So sorry you're going through this, Cristy... :bigtears:It's so hard to know what to do when your little friend is sick. :(

We're allthinking of you, Tyler,WIlliam andRoger. :hug2

sas :pink iris:and her furry family :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

The boys are handling luv's passing easier than me... My youngest don't quite understand death but then again he is only 6 years old.. He was worried about how she would eat. I kind of lied and said she took food with her... I did bury her with her stuff animal.

She had the nicer cage than roger.So after a very good cleaning yesterday Roger has moved into her place. It's hard seeing him in there.

Cristy

I am so sorry that you lost your bunny, Luv.:( I know it really hurts because you talk about your bunnies the wayI feel about mine. They are part of your family so of course you are going to have a hard time. Just know that she is with Buck and he is taking good care of her. I know that she was well loved and cared for andI am sure that she felt that love. Take Care Lots of hugs to you and your boys. Beckie Trouble and Trixie

I'm thinking of you and your family in this difficult time:rose:

Latest posts

Back