Luther and his Lady Guinevere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meeky242

Reaction score
Starting up a new blog now that Guinevere has been added to the mix in my zoo but the old blog can be see HERE!

You've all met Luther, my big boofhead. And the story about Trigger Happy will come a bit later but for nowit's time tomeet his Lady Guinevere. Guien is estimated to be about 7 weeks old and is a dwarf lop x mini lop. She came to my friend as a rescue as her mother had passed away when the babies were 3 weeks old and their owners could no longer handle them as they didnt know what to do :(She and her2 siblings (a blue? point and a black self)were brought up fortheirnext 3 weeks on 'rescue remedy' mixed in with some goats milk, cream and colustrum powder (as per vet instructions) getting 1 feed every day till the age of 4.5 weeks then once every 2-3 days till 6 weeks and was weaned onto solids and hay during that time. She's doing fantastically, although still a little skinny butthat will go away very soon ;)

4e902313.jpg

Not having much attention for the first bit of her life she's a little hestant about people but she's not aggressive at all and is quite happy to be picked up, cuddled, given treats, played with and just loved but will not seak it out. It must come to her (a true princess!).

a7fd4d60.jpg

It took a good 3 weeks (while weaning her) for Luther to accept that she wasn't taking his mum away *sigh* :rollseyesAnd he eventually fell in love and now they snuggle all the time. I guess he's sort of taken her "mother" role, she even squeezes underneath him and goes to sleep. It was funny to watch her try and "suckle" from his the first time they met while luther was running for his life from this...THING!:shock:

1b5cf8ae.jpg

d0285cc5.jpg

5dd932fa.jpg

Now for the news on Trigger Happy. All was well for a while with Luther and Trigger but one day I found luther with bites on him. I thought this strange so I went to get trigger out to check he didnt have the same and he bit my hand. After I finally managed to get him out (after a few more bites) he was fine. I took him to the vet to check for anything that may have caused this aggressive behaviour and we couldn't find anything.

The vet put it down tohormonal aggression that doesn't show up in most animals till 6-8months old (A guinea pig with aggression issue?!Who'd have thunk it!)and because Luther was dominant it was upsetting trigger. Becasue of this we had to rehome trigger to a family where he was the only guinea pig.I just recently checked in with his family and was told that they had him desexed and he's now living happily with two females cavysand a female bunny :)

Love the story of Lady Guinevere. And so glad the bonding with Luther went so well.

Really enjoy reading. Look forward to reading more about your bunnies.

And glad to hear Trigger, the guinea pig has found a good "forever" home.

K :)

It's hard re-homing pets, but when it's necessary, it's necessary. Sounds like you found a great home!

:D

Latest posts

Back