Lump under chin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It went well, she drained another 15ml out of the abscess, she gave him metacam today as well as the antibiotic. He is such a good boy, Snowy was there again but is not really sure what is going on but he cuddles up to him on the way therevand back so I'm glad I take them both. He has to go back tomorrow for his antibiotic injection and the nurse will show me as I will have to do it on Sunday. On Monday the vet will make a decision whether to cut it open but it seems likely as deeper down it is too thick to drain. He is still eating, has been running about this afternoon and is now chilling out on his favourite chair under the table. Have bought lots of his favourite herbs for dinner tonight.

Glad to hear Bandy seems to be doing well during his treatments. It's great that he has Snowy for cuddling to and from the vet; must cheer him up a lot. :)

Glad everything went well. Glad he's still eating on his own too! Taking Snowy probably is a good comfort!

Hopefully everything continues to go well!

Have just been watching some you tube videos but also reading about abscesses and treatment so will have loads more questions when I next see the vet.

He's still under the table but he seems happy enough. I take Snowy cos I do think it really helps calm Bandy down. Just noticed Bandy is down and little Snowy has gone to groom him but he doesn't like him anyway near the abscess.

My big fluff ball is being a real champ. Here'a pic from a bit earlier. He is always grooming.

1394830153762.jpg

Just taken this, I tell you if I didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with him:)

1394832620176.jpg

Denise so far it doesn't seem to be affecting his day to day or his eating and I really hope it will stay this way. Bit nervous about doing the jabs but has to be done. He is a cute little bugger with a sweet personality to match :p

Aww, glad to hear that it's going well so far and he's still his usual happy self. :)

I've been giving Ellie fluids for a few days now and its not that hard. I feel bad for poking her, but then she doesn't really react. So I imagine that you giving Bandy a jab will be the same! Its not that hard once you get over it!

He is so handsome! I just want to squish my face into his fur!

If I have to do it, I don't have a problem as I'm a bit sqeamish with needles, I used to fall in a dead faint when I had jabs at school. I watched the vet the last few days and I will follow the nurse's instructions.

He has got loads of hait, that's why the lump was so hard to see. It is silky and soft as well, just gets everywhere :p

Poor you! Well just give Bandy some good veggies or pellets to snack on and maybe he'll be too busy munching to even notice. Then reward yourself with a glass of wine or a beer or even a shot depending on how much you think you deserve. :)

I can now do his jabs,much easier than I thought. Did the one this morning and have another for tomorrow. He is still his old self and eating well. His little pal Snowy is being a real good buddy and looking after him. Here they are tucking in last night 1394898420609.jpg
And here are the three of them relaxing afterwards.
1394898529971.jpg

Sorry still haven't figured out this photo thing on the app !!! Well anyway they are twice as cute :p:D

Denise, I am so glad he is his normal self although I keep watching like a hawk as I am so worried he will change. He is happily sitting on the dining room chair in his favourite spot.

I can´t seem to get the hang of how big the pictures come out, it´s a bit hit and miss for me but I find it much easier to post from my Kindle Fire as I don´t have to upload the photos to photobucket or anything like that.

I am hoping we will have a quiet weekend and then on Monday, I am sure the vet will decide what we will do with the abscess as I don´t really think it will go down on it´s own. I am hoping the injection will be straightforward tomorrow, flying on your own is so difficult sometimes especially when my little fluff ball is depending on me.

I should really go and write something on my blog. With all that´s been happening, I´ve abandoned it the last few days.

I'm sure you are watching him very closely. I know that medicines can add to the worry even as they are meant to help. It's really nice too that everyone seems to be getting along well through it all.

I have no luck in changing the size of my pics either.

I'm sure he'll continue to remain calm as he has so far. I think most times we humans feel a shot more than animals because we know what is coming and tense up which causes our muscle to tense which makes it hurt more.

I'm sure most people are aware of poor Bandy's situation.

Denise, I am watching him like a hawk, I couldn't go to sleep last night until I saw he had eaten some of his veggies, I suppose I worry most about him stopping eating. Just had breakfast so am going to wait an hour till about 11 to give him his jab. Cleaning day today for them so they'll be out all day, just looking over and seeing Snowy grooming him, he does love that big fluff ball :p

I can see he's grinding his teeth so the abscess is tooth related. I did notice he hasn't eaten many pellets in the last few days so I assume he's finding it difficult to chew them. So lots of herbs and veggies, he's eating the dried dandelion and he'll get some banana later on. The vet will be doing an xray this week so we'll know a lot more.

Well done for being able to give Bandy his shots! I'm sure it probably seemed a bit daunting at first, but gets easier as you do it. I don't know if you can ring up the vet today to ask about giving some metacam(unless you already are giving it)? If Bandy is having a hard time chewing his pellets, maybe offer him a dish of mushy soaked pellets. He may be able to eat it if it is soft. Hopefully the xrays will give you and the vet, a better idea of what is going on and if the tooth is involved. I feel bad for the little guy :( But I'm glad Snowy is taking good care of him :)

Something good someone on another thread mentioned, essentially *you are your buns advocate*. You'll just want to make sure your vet is going at this abscess aggressively enough and is using the right antibiotics to help fight it. Abscesses can be tricky to clear up, but there seems to be a much better success rate if they are gone after aggressively and the rabbit gets the correct treatment in the beginning.

Doesn't look as though he's in any pain as he's been resting and grooming behind the sofa. I think she has been asessing the size, removed quite a bit of the pus and wanted to see how it was reacting to the medication. From tomorrow, w will be starting the real tough stuff as I know she mentioned to the nurse that we would probably have to schedule for it to be opened this week. I do trust that she has everything under control so far and I know she has lots of experience with rabbits. I forgot to mention that she has the sweetest clinic bunny who was left by someone who could no longer look after her. She is so friendly you wouldn't believe. She comes over for pets and loves being stroked and cuddled. She also has an abscess bur on her side. I really look forward to seeing her now. She's called Rosita and here she is:) not a great picbut she's a cutie

1394990306219.jpg

Back