Lulu has blood in her eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
I'm really worried guys!

It's Lulu,she's my little blind girl,she is totally blind.

I picked her up just before,to give her a cuddle and i was talking to her and just checking her over when i noticed one of her eyes,it wasn't white,it's red!,oh my gosh!it looks like she has blood inside her eye!

could it be a burst blood vessel or something?....i don't know!..but i know that i'm very worried!

I don't know how this could have happened!

cheryl

Hi cheryl,

I'm thinking that you'll want to have a vet check it.

It could be a that a blood vessel has ruptured. I'm not that familiar with the anatomy of a rabbit's eye, though.

Prayers and good thoughts sent in hopes that everything will be ok.

~Jim

Could she have injured it? (i.e. poked it on something she didn't see? :()

Poor girl :pray: I agree, you should probably have a vet take a look at it :hug2:

Thank you guys,for just being there :)

I noticed her eye just after 5:30 last night,and i freaked,i rang around trying to find a vet that was open,but it was a saturday and thevets close early,can you believe that i even rang the after hours emergency but no one would answer the phone,what if she was dying or something and i needed the vet desperately!!,it's sunday morning now so i will have to wait for the afternoon when the vets open,but as soon as i get an appoitment i'm on my way

Emily..i was thinking the same thingthat maybe she poked herself in the eye or something

I'm really scared to think that she might lose her eye:(

She's blind and she doesn't need this happening to her

cheryl

Thanks for asking Spring!

Lulu is fine in herself,she's still doing everything as normal,it's just her eye,it looks pretty scary

Lulu has an appoitment to see the vetlater on this evening,since the vet was all booked,Dr Taka said that i could comeback after closingtime and he will see her then,that was just nice of him

I'm justhoping it's nothing to serious

I will post a picture of what her eye looks likelater.

cheryl

Let us know how the appointment goes! I hope it's nothing serious.

It would be interesting to see a picture and know what the vet says about it.

The vet looked at Lulu's eye,but couldn't really tell me much,he said that it is bleeding inside and it needs to form a blood clot so it will stop,he said it looks like a burst blood vessel,either she hurt herself somehow,or it just happened on it's own,he couldn't see no other damage to her eye,so he's thinking more along the lines like it just happened itself.

I have to put eye ointment in her eye lid,oh my gosh! i didn't realize that bunnies have such stretchable eyelids!,i have to pull her eyelid out and put the cream in there,i have to do that twice a day for 10days.

I was so worried that the vet was going to say that Lulu's eye will have to be removed.

Now i just hope this oitment will help clear her eye

This is just a picture of Lulu's eye,her eye is a bit wet because i had just applied the ointment

Picture146.jpg

cheryl

Is that my punkin in your avatar??

Oh, nothing can happen to my little love!

Please give her many many kisses for me. I'll be praying fora quick recovery. Good for you for acting quickly.You're the Best Mom shecould have, that is, since it can't be me. ;)

Seriously, I'll be thinking and praying for her.

-Carolyn

Thanks for asking Mikoli :),Lulu is doing good,she's not to bad about getting the cream put in her eye,but the little bugger waits just until i'm about to squeeze it in and she shuts her eye,every time!

Carolyn,no this isn't your little love,this is Lulu,but if this is any consolation,Lulu is just as perfect as Chocolate Bunny,but Lulu don't pounce like a cat like Chocolate Bunny does :rofl:

Thanks Haley,i really do appreciate that:),i'm prayingso hard myself that her eye will get better.

cheryl

How's Lulu doing? Any improvements at all??

Poor Pumpkin - and Momma.

Carolyn,thanks so much for asking :)

There is no improvement in Lulu,i don't know what to do anymore Carolyn!,everything seems to be going wrong with her!,and it's stressing me out to see her like that:(,she is still having bladder issues as well,which she has had for months now!,i keep taking her back to the vet nearly every month-2 months,for this problem,she has baytril and then is ok for a little while and then it's back again!,and then back of to the vet again,now just this morning,i noticed her other eye is a bit watery and she had it closed,i just checked her before and she had it open but it was watery,it looks like she's been crying:(,itfeels like everything is just going wrong with her!!!,oh and i also just found a lump on the top of her leg :(

I have this bad feeling in my stomache,and it makes me feel sick every time i think about it:(

I have been going through this for months and months!

cheryl

Back