Lucy's Hand Made Home!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yea, linoleum is a very good option for this kind of cage. What's nice is you can always change the flooring to whatever you like, or what your rabbit prefers.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the comment, I will be sure to post new pictures though. Were getting new supplies, so once we have new cages built that we actually sell I'll post it and see what you think.

I don't know much about Guinea Pigs though, are they trainable to a litter box?

Hi thanks for that, as for guinea pigs, they can have a litter box and one of mine i think would use it but the other wouldnt so in general i dont think they are great with litter boxes.
I suppose they would need the bottom to be one big litter box lol. But the top part would look lovely xx I think there would be quite a big call for it with guinea pigs as lots of people have nic cages indoors.
x

Hello again!

I'm back with updates and photos! It's the new and improved version of Lucy's cage, that we hand craft and sell. Trig was happy to be our mascot : )

It is built out of one side rough cedar/one side smooth cedar. Brass hardware (silver is an option), galvanized wiring,with ahandcrafted door. We feel the size of the rabbits cage (60in Lx 20inW x 20in D) is suitable for rabbits, whether they are small/medium/large. We do not provide flooring. We don't believe in wire flooring, so this cage is strictly made for potty trained rabbits. The owners are free to put whatever kind of flooring they would like. For our own rabbits we use carpet, and in the warmer months we put in tile flooring in part of the cage for them to keep cool. Carpet/tile/linoleum would be safe. It is a indoor only cage. Each of themare branded "Made in the USA" with our family logo.

Let me know what you think, suggestions, etc. Were all ears!

Pictures: (don't mind the lighting) the camera is sensitive to light, sosome of them are abitdarker. Let me know if their to small.

RabbitPrototype002.jpg

RabbitPrototype003.jpg

RabbitPrototype007.jpg

RabbitPrototype009.jpg

RabbitPrototype023.jpg

RabbitPrototype025.jpg

RabbitPrototype026.jpg

RabbitPrototype037.jpg

RabbitPrototype019.jpg

RabbitPrototype020.jpg

RabbitPrototype022.jpg

RabbitPrototype018.jpg

Well I think that's it for now! Hope you like it!

Thanks! The dimensions I have listed in the short description I provided, do you see it? Right above the pictures

peppa and georgie wrote:
Hey that is a gorgeous cage, i always moaned that they dont make nice cages that look like furnature and less odd looking. Yours is perfect. You could go into business and do living room style ones, corner ones, coffee table ones that sit in the middle of the room. I am getting excited now lol xx
:)
Now u should get one complimentary-tee hee - all these ideas will make them a fortune, especially if they go to rabbit shows with a portfolio and a sample...can u say cha-ching
:biggrin2:

Thank you! We hope so to : )

"Now u should get one complimentary-tee hee - all these ideas will make them a fortune, especially if they go to rabbit shows with a portfolio and a sample...can u say cha-ching"

We already contacted the ARBA (American Rabbits Breeders Association) and were told noone is allowed to sell itemsat the shows. There are alot of shows in Michigan going on all through 2010, which would have been nice and fun, however it is only geared towards show rabbits and breeders. Our cages are meant for pet rabbits, not for breeding. I'm surprised they don't allow a few vendors/sellers to come though, so people can shop around, but apparently that's not what it's about!

Amazing, my grandpa is a carpender, I wish he would do this for me.

I saw people selling at Mini Rex Nationals in Indianapolis in 2007? They had feeders, water bottles, shirts, resting mats, books, cleaning stuff, cages, ARBA marked stuff, ect. So maybe they just do not want pet people there, be afraid you will scare away potential customers?

Well if your ever interested in buying from us let me know, we would gladly ship out to you!

Thanks for mentioning about the rabbit show! That is interesting, maybe my dad and I should just go to a show and see exactly what goes on. I did find it strange that they don't encourage rabbit supply vendors to come, just to attract more people you know? Unless they strictly sell their own products like you said so there is no competition.

Back