Lucky bunny mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blwinteler

Reaction score
As I continue to read the posts here, I realize that I'm a lucky bunny mom, just as I'm a lucky human mom.
From the posts, it is my understanding that bunnies, especially males, are hard to bond, changing food or hay can make a bunny not want to eat, bunnies can take a long time to be ok with being picked up, and taking one of a bonded pair to the vet can break a bond.
My buns bonded so immediately and completely that I ended up adopting both. They have taken very well to food changes. They were able to be picked up when I got them, though Groucho does prefer not to be picked up until he actually is, then he snuggles. I can even coo their nails easily. I had no trouble with an overnight vet stay breaking a bond. I am definitely a lucky bunny mom.

You realize you're now likely to witness more naughtiness than you ever knew two bunns were capable of simply because you made that post, right? :p

Expect an "I told you so" from me if you wake up to discover that they've eaten an ENTIRE room ;).

Well, they are chewers. I had to replace a computer cable the other day and have lost a couple phone chargers. But they are generally pretty awesome.

I'm thankful for Felix's willingness to try new types of hay and food brands.
I'm less thankful for his tendencies to chew through headphone cables and potty on the couch. :disgust:

When I got them in August, I was told Bugsy was just over a year and Groucho about 6 months. I'm not sure how accurate the shelter is on ages, but I'm going with what I was told I guess :)

Peters the same; he will eat anything, allow me to dress him up, follow me about the flat and happily snuggle up for head scratches.

However he does balance this out with the ability to find and chew charger cables like a drug dog, a passion for nibbling anything made from paper/cardboard and being a world class escape artist.

But we love him! Haha

Latest posts

Back