Lovin' Bunny Blog!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe Baizel is adorable. Awwwwwww look at Kai!!! Gosh I am so in love with her. I know how to fix your problem... Bring her to me! :pReally, I don't know. I am still trying to convince the man to let me get my puppy. Lol :biggrin:I hope she settles in soon. :)

So here is the hutch I built with some help from my husband

We made it to house the two bunnies we are going to be breeding and of course keeping as pets :) Its a double cage hutch, top, back, and sides are covered to keep out from the weather. The sides have a heavy clear plastic over them if you cant tell.
The hutch is 4ft long by a few feet wide and 2ft tall.

I finally got it done yesterday and Im very happy because its pouring down rain today lol go figure.
Im pretty happy about how it turned out. Im still figuring out what to do if there is wind and rain blowing into the front??? DO I put a tarp over it? I dont know.

What do you guys with hutches do about weather protection?

Let me know what you think!

I decided not to keep my bunnies I will be breeding outside so I sold my hutch. I made back pretty much what I spent on it so thats ok.
I went out and bought 2 indoor cages for the bunnies. They arnt as big as I'd like but they will work as the bunnies will have out of cage time a lot during the day.
Here are some pic's of the cages, I have them stacked so they will take up less room

Bottom cage is for the buck

Top cage is for the doe

Baizel is doing fine. I am thinking about changing his name so if anyone has any idea's for cute names, let me know.
I have been bonding with him a lot lately and he is warming up so much! He is such a sweety! He has such an attitude though sometimes lol
I got him out to take some pics earlier and these are all I could get, he was WAYYYY to playful to hold still :)

My dogs were hilarious tonight! They were playing tug-a-war for almost a hour straight! My little yorkie was SO mad at my puppy haha It was the funniest thing ever!

Oh, and my gerbil is going to have babies soon. I will try and get some pics of them tomorrow. My two boys are burmese and my girl is black with some white. I am really curious what color the babies will be?

I'll update later on.

I like the way you have pink & blue containers in the cages.

I would be a little worried about having the cages on top of each other. I know my bunnies tend to move and jump in the cages and i would be afraid the top one would fall. Yes i know they are small bunnies but I'm a worry wart. This is just my opinion, i'm not saying it is correct.

Susan:)

The pink and blue containers are litter box/hay box's. Im gunna put hay in them when I get the bunnies and fill the hay racks above them. Baizel has one in his cage and he LOVES it/ Its his hay bed box lol
And the thing with the stacked cages, they are VERRRRY sturdy! May not look like it but the top cage is not going anywhere :) Im a worry wart too but really, its safe.
May consider getting a sheet of wood cute the size of the cage and putting it inbetween the two for extra support though

I think Baizel is a cute name :)

Milo has the same cage as your indoor cages. I don't worry over the size as he gets lots and lots of out of cage time.

Today was a good day :)
I got new gerbils!!!!
Im going to be breeding and now I have my 3 pairs so I'm very excited!
Pics below

Sparkle *pregnant* - Peanut Butter's girlfriend

Peanut Butter - Sparkle's boyfriend

Sprinkles *future breeder* - Mocha's girlfriend

Mocha - Sprinkles boyfriend

Coffee Bean - Meeshi's boyfriend

Meeshi *pregnant* - Coffee Bean's girlfriend

I will make sure to post pic's of the babies when they are born! I'm so excited and cant wait!!

And for an update on Baizel.
He is doing good. We cuddled on the couch lastnight and watched some tv. Him and Jack were also playing on the floor lastnight, Jack kept dropping his squeeky toy on his back wanting Baizel to play with him. Poor guy doesnt realize Baizel is a bunny! lol
He is turning out to be SUCH a sweet bunny! I cant wait until we have a lot nicer days out so he can go out in the yard to play.

Hey guys, been awhile. Ok, so since I'v been away for the last few days. I got a new cage which makes 3 and rearranged the way they were stacked, so now it looks like this:

(Sorry for the HORRIBLE picture. The lighting in my house sucks and my camera on my phone just doesnt work. I'll post a brighter clearer pic tomorrow)
And if anyone was wondering. I drilled small holed in the bottom base of the cage that is stacked ontop and zip tied it down to the bottom cage so it can fall off or move :)

I got two new bunnies. Cupcake and Hershey.

Cupcake

is a black holland lop. She is around 8 months old. She is on the larger side but has a good personality..most of the time. She was bred to one of the breeders bucks last month and is due the 14th of this month. I felt (palpated) her and didnt feel any babies, I dont know if Im doing it wrong or what but I guess we will wait and see if I get any babies. If not, I will breed her to my chocolate buck, Hershey who Im about to tell you about.

Hershey

is a chocolate otter. Hes like a year old I think..I forget. He has the chubbiest face I'v ever seen! lol
He is always interested in what your doing and loves to be pet :) He is very sweet. I got him 1 because I LOVE the color chocolate and 2 I needed a buck to breed.

I will also be getting a broken blue doe here by the end of the month. I will post pics of her as soon as I get her. Her name is Blueberry.

Baizel's name has been changed to Rielan. I had said before my husband didnt like his name before and wanted to change it so, its changed. It will take some getting used to but its ok I guess..I kinda like the name Rielan anyways.

Here is a pic of Rielan outside :) He is the cutest little bunny EVER!!

I'm currently looking for a spayed or neutered bunny to bond to him. I have been looking for ones from people needing homes for theres and threw rescues. I would really like to find him a friend :) I will keep this subject updated as well.

And an update on the gerbils. No babies yet but my girls are getting bigger! I'll post as soon as they have babies, shouldnt be too long now.

[align=center]Cute buns =) The name Rielan is cute! How do you pronounce it? And it says you have four bunnies? Who's the fourth? =D

[align=center]Oh, oops! I totally missed that! (It was really late at night when I read that and I was really tired, sorry XD!)

What made you pick that name? It's really cool =) (Rielan I mean)

Just a quick note on your hay racks - you may want to consider hanging them outside the cage, or using 2 zipties to make a hay holder.

A number of buns have received broken legs from those holders - rabbit is startled/binking around in their house, and their leg gets caught in the bars. Especially dangerous for the smaller breeds...

Great blog - enjoyed your pictures very much!
Congratulations on your coming baby as well :D

Latest posts

Back