Love humping & grunting many months after being fixed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Yesterday I was petting Peaches who's been neutered since September. He was sniffing my arm and I was worried that he was smelling my other male & I thought he was gonna bite me, but I held my end. What he was doing was doing that sniffing that they do before they're fixed. He grabbed onto my arm, was doing his love grunts & then started humping my arm. Now he hasn't done this since he's been fixed and his hormones should be gone by now.

This doesn't look like dominance humping, could his testosterone have returned? What is this madness? I was massaging his hind quarters when he did this, could I have hit a sensitive spot? Could he be thinking I'm a bunny and trying to dominate him? He's done this twice already

Fixed does not mean your bunny will never have urges again. Otherwise, no man or woman would ever agree to *snipsnip* :D

Your bunny is quite normal and will continue to have sudden 'urges' sometimes. Just something we have to live with, I guess. I have a neutered male and a female waiting to get spayed in a month. They still have their rendezvous and will continue to do so throughout their lives together. Just a pair of happy, bonded bunnies!

Back