Lots of Watermelon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
After we went to bed last night, my boyfriend unknowingly gave the rest of a watermelon in the fridge to the rabbits, and now they are completely full from mowing down on it. I'ms cared that this could make them really sick, what do I do?

Geez, I don't know! Years ago we use to give the rabbits watermellow, as well as the chickens, but we did not know a whole lot then. I do not remember if any got sick after or not.

Until someone else can help pull everything but pellets and just keep water to them. Just watch them. Their poop will probably get very wet which is bad. Do you have any oats? That will help dry them up. Keep a close eye on them until someone else comes along.

You are right this could be massive sugar overload.

Go out and get some benebac either the gel or the powder; the dog and cat benebac is the same as the small mammal; they carry it atPetsmart or Petco.

Give the rabbit each a dose of it ; the gel comes in little individual tubes
this is a probiotic which is naturally occuring microorganisms which are beneficial to restore the gut flora to a normal ph

Also pick up infant liquid gas drops which contain simethicone as the only active ingredient. you can give 1ml every hour a X 3 doses ; give this if the rabbits have hard tummies or seem to have developed gas.

Also take out pellets and feed just hay and water until you are sure they are OK...

oats is not the best as it is just another carb.. go with hay and water

Back