Lost Mate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judomamma

Reaction score
I have 2 dwarf lops, nearly a year old. They aresisters, and have been digging under the fence in our new garden. Thehave escaped to a little lane behind our house where there are 3 houseswith farmland backing. They always come home.

Today a neighbour behind called me to say he had caught the rabbits,one was in a cat cage but the other had escaped from his wife afterthey threw a blanket over it and grabbed it, she scratched the lady andbolted. We brought the sister home but the other is stillmissing since about 8 hours ago. The found rabbit is sittingin a log store and will not move, nor go near the hutch and although weput her on a bunny lead and took her back to their "playground" toencourage her to leave scent for the sister, she still hasn;t returned.

Anyone help me with what to expect, my 10 year old is distraught.

wow thatsa a tough one , beingnocturnal the missing bunny may comeback out around dusk , that maybe your best chance ofcatching her/ him , another suggestion isto set a Hava hart trap withgreens and maybe a carrot , shemay go into it and spring thedoor down and you cancapture her that way .

thank you for that. I am hopeful she will returnlater, but we have a couple of foxes about, hopefully she's too quickfor them. She is so adorable and I too am feeling very sad.thank you, we will try putting some greens near the hole they escapedthrough.

I have good luck in retrieving runaway hamsters, but rabbits are a different story.

I would get the word out in the surrounding area that the little one ismissing. If people know that you're looking for her hopefully someonewill see her and call you. Otherwise they may just think she's astrange looking wild rabbit.

Chances are that she is still in the immediate area that she ran from.If she isn't sure where she is she may just stay in that same place.

The last bunnie we adopted was abandoned at a service station. Shestayed right there and made her home under an abandoned car. Sheprobably would still be there if someone didn't catch her and bring herto me.

Have faith. There's still a chance that you'll get her back.

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Oh yeah...patch up that hole under the fence, please.

~Jim

I would check underneath any stairs...in anylogs...any holes that aren't too deep. If you have a pictureof her - definitely post it somewhere in case someone finds her.

Have you considered leaving treats from the hole back into your yard....maybe something birds won't eat?

I wish I could help you more. About 5 1/2 weeks ago werescued a rabbit that got out of his back yard - we kept him for 5 dayswhile the ad was in the paper. When I went to return therabbit, I was heartbroken because they didn't know how to care for himand they were just leaving him in the yard - since then he's gotten outtwice more that I know of and they have decided to just let him dowhatever. I want to go steal that rabbit so badly.

I'm sure that isn't the situation with your bunny - but my pointis....if they had put up a picture of their rabbit on a phone pole orsomething....I might have seen it and returned him to them sooner.

Peg

I'd look everywhere, and make sure everyone inthe area knows you are missing a rabbit. Also, I would confine themsomewhere where its safe. then let them have surpervised time out inthe yard so they don't escape again.

Pipp got out of the yard of the last place she lived, trucked on down the lane and eventually hopped into a neighbour's house.

Being social critters, can you hang around with her sister where shewas last seen, or walk around and call her? Dusk and dawnwill be the important times. (You can also help ward offtrouble).

I hope she'shome soon.

SAS

I hope she came home!

I'm praying real hard.

Any updates?

Latest posts

Back