Lops Breeds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissa

Reaction score
Can someone tell me a bit about all of the lop breeds and maybe post some pictures? I would like to know the differences between them. :)

*Sorry, I meant "Lop Breeds". ;)

Well i have an english lop :) He is asweety, has a temperment much like that of a puppy, the only problem is unless you are going to keep them in the house you really cant keep them in cold climates because of there ears. They have roughly 2 foot long ears from tip to tip which are prone to frostbite. Here is apicture of Nadie:
englishlop.jpg

Hehe. The English Lop is the only one I know. :D Thanks Shadow!!

Loveable, squashy, sweet, naughty, playfull, snuggly, toasty warm, imrunning out of discriptives here lol ,all rolled into one rabit, whether they areHollands, Mini's or English, or French Lops they all have comparable attitudes, oh Idid forget, demanding, pushy, tantrumish, bratty, ( this is mostly French Lops ) .

French Lop

IMG_0018ch.jpg

Holland Lop:

mymess.jpg

Mini Lop:

IM000547.jpg

Hope this helps Lissa, Shadowhas the English Lop as doesDajeti2 I am sure they will post them for you,

I was going to post the baby lop pics but that wouldjust make you have a case of cuteness overload. lol

Christa is a Mini Lop. She is very sweet, curious, energetic, playful with a princess attitude.
Nov242005pm037.jpg

Koda and Norman are Holland Lops. They are incredibly sweet, very gentle, really loving and in tune to whatever we are doing.
LookShesPosing.jpg

WhatASweetFace.jpg

Otis is an English Lop. They are amazing. They are very much like Flemish, mellow, easy going, not much phases them and loves to beloved. They are more energetic than a Flemish and lots more playful. Otis plays and acts more like a puppy than a rabbit.
Otis1sttripoutside013.jpg

Tina

Okay, they all look the same to me except the English Lop. :D

091405lops.jpg

I have nine rabbits, and other than my flemish giant the lops have the sweetest, gentlest personality. They are also less skitish than the other breeds, and love to be petted.

Don't forget American Fuzzy Lops:

7-25-05003.jpg

RabbitsOctober42005018.jpg

AFLs came from crossing Hollands with Angoras. SLG's Sebastian is an AFL, too.

Hollands are smaller (3-4 pounds) with rounder heads and flattish faces.

Mini Lops (6 pounds)and French Lops look similar, but French Lops are much larger.

You can check out the ARBA website for more info.

I need a French Lop and an English Lop to complete my collection!

I LOVE LOPPIES!!!

Lops are very sweet, they love to cuddle(at least mine do). The difference between a Fuzzy Lop and a Holland is the Fuzzy has Long angora fur.

This is an American Fuzzy Lop, her names Lucy. Lucy is a very sweet and smart little girl. She will give you kisses all the time, shes alot like my flemish and just eats up on all the love she can. If your looking for a furry little cuddler this would be the right one. They need a lot of grooming though, but it can be a fun task sometimes.

LucylouPurty.png

A Holland Lop, his names Dash. Dash is the most laid back easy going guy we have. He will let you do just about anything to him.They have the most Gentle personality, and love to lounge near you.

DashyTrancing.png

Laura wrote:
Hollands are smaller (3-4 pounds) with rounder heads and flattish faces.

Mini Lops (6 pounds)and French Lops look similar, but French Lops are much larger.

Okay, so the major difference betwen the lops are their sizes? Otherwise they all pretty much look the same, right?

Lissa wrote:
Okay, so the major difference betwen the lops are their sizes? Otherwise they all pretty much look the same, right?
Not exactly. My Holland and Mini look very different. It's mainly the headset. Kevin says our Holland looks like she ran full-speed into a brick wall (he's just mean:X). Her ears are shorter, too.

Here's a comparison photo:

RabbitsAugust2005006.jpg

Okay so the Holland Lop has a shorter face then?

What is the difference between and English and a Velveteen?

This is the photo thatPam liked so much of Sebastian. She said it was a very good example of what a Holland's face and head should look like. I think she said his ears are just aboutright also.Like Laura says, it's the ran into a wall look!;)

I've also included the "fuzzy" look for you!

Raspberry

USebastiansPose1.jpg

Hair2.jpg

Lissa wrote:
Okay so the Holland Lop has a shorter face then?

What is the difference between and English and a Velveteen?

Yes, the Holland has a round head with a flat face.

I've never heard of a Velveteen before, but it's cute! It's not an ARBA recognized breed.

ARBA recognizes American Fuzzy Lop, English Lop, French Lop, Holland Lop and Mini Lop.

http://www.arba.net/photo.htm

Laura

Laura, Velveteen Lops are a new breed that is being developed that has the body type of an English Lop, the fur of a Rex, and the size of a Mini Lop. I so, so want one!

Oh my gosh! A lop with Rex fur! My dream has come true!!!

I've wanted a Rex for a long time, but my house seems to be a "Lops Only" zone, so this would be perfect!!!

Must... find.. breeder in my area....

Laura

I am actually thinking about breeding for velvatine rabbits, but from what I have read they tend to use french lops instead of english. I am not sure so dont quote me on it, it maybe that both can be used.

Back