Looky what I got today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
My mother madea quilt for Dave and I,for our wedding, and finally was able to send it to us. She wanted togo to Boston for some special fleece, so was delayed in finishing it,then the divorce hit and she was unable to come up like originallyplanned in September. She didn't tell me she was sending it, whichmakes the surprise all the better. Yellow and blue are my favoritecolors, and it totally brightens up our room. We just got a new Queenbed last week, so this is perfect timing. Hmmmm...probably why she sentit. lol

Also enclosed were a bunch of Christmas tree decorations, as all of myChristmas stuff (and I have boxes and boxes of stuff) is still in VT.She also sent me some small things that she made, which is of courseall the better. If you can't tell by now, my mom is crafty. In a goodway. :p

I was crying and smiling as I opened the box, missing my mom terribly,but feeling so close to her by just touching what she had made and sentme. Here is a picture of the quilt she made us.

Ok, this is weird, I'm able to post other pictures, but not the one I just took of the quilt. Very odd.

Ok ok, I sized it down. LOL I swear, I'm dumb as a box of rocks sometimes.

That's so wonderful, Stephanie!

Just opened up the post again and I see the picture. It'sgorgeous!! Very Beautifully done. I really love it!

My mom is an excellent quilter as well and has made me a couple ofquilts. The second one she made me is yellow and blue which Ifind quite coincidental, ey?! I love it. It makesme wish I liked sewing. I really should learn how to doit. I've been putting it off. She'd be a perfectteacher for me.

I'm so glad you posted this note. I'll call my mom tonightand tell her about it. I can relate exactly to how you'refeeling. My mother has done that with my cousins that livefar away and those are her favorite phone calls. She will beoverjoyed to hear your excitment.

I hope it won't be too long before you see your mom again. I'm sure it's very hard on both of you.

-Carolyn

That is funny,the blue and yellow thing.

I just love the color yellow. So sunny and cheerful. Always cheers me up to see yellow.

Latest posts

Back