Looking for Bonding Hints & Tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some Hints & tips for bonding bunnies.
This will be my first bunny bonding experiance, though I have done it many times with gerbils (though not really the same lol).

I have Aniseed (almost 1 year old recently spayed) and Bo (3.5yrs old recently neutered) who I want to become bunny pals. Both have not lived with another bunny before and were rescues.

I'm building them a new area/pen to live in together, and it will be beside my other 2 bunnies (neutered males) though the way I am building it they will not be able to see one another (the two pairs).

I probably won't start for at least another week, but I want to make sure I have all the information possible before I get started.

Thanks in Advance!

Andrea & the bun buns

There's tons of bonding tips in the Bunny 101 thread:
Bonding Bunnies

This is one of my favorite sites on bonding:
http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

Although I've never had good luck with small spaces like the bathtub. My buns needed space to get away from each other. Also, put some toys in. Even if they're too interested in each other to play with them, large things like big wicker baskets or boxes that they can't get into (do NOT give them a small space that would be hard to get fighting bunnies out of!) will break their line of vision and allow them to hide a little. A pile of hay can encourage shy bunnies to go near each other and munch together.

Good luck!

I just simply took away anything that only had one way out. Any cardboard boxes had another hole added to it. I was too afraid of one being cornered!

The most important bonding tip I ever recieved was proximity. The rabbits should be able to see and smell each other. Conjoined excercise pens would be ideal, but I'd wait until their hormones have calmed down a little ;)

Latest posts

Back