Looking for a nice cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMyRabbit0910

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone! I'm very angry, because a year ago I spent $105 on my Bunny's new cage. I figured with that amount, it should be a very sturdy, very long-lasting cage. A few weeks ago, the top of the cage doesn't stay on tight anymore. It's half way off. And a few days ago, I realized one of the wheels keep coming off the bottom everytime I move the cage. And now the side door keeps opening very easily. This cage is falling apart!! I would like to know, does anyone know of any good, sturdy cages?? Or at least a really good online pet store, that has reliable cages?? I'm freakin out! I'm worried that one of these nights his cage is going to fall apart completely & i'll have nowhere to put him!! I would appreciate any help. Thanks!! :)

My rabbit came with a pet store cage that was falling apart and I bought a large pack of zip ties at Home Depot and reinforced every corner and bought clips to hold the door shut. It is very sturdy that way.

I don't use that cage anymore because I built one using the storage (NIC) cube panels. Those work really well and there are lots of pictures in this section on how to do it. Also, extra large dog crates work very well as rabbit cages and seem to be much sturdier. I use one when I take my rabbit to the rabbit sitters house. I've added a shelf to it and you can also make a deeper tray in the bottom using coroplast if you need to.

cages are VERY expensive. i bought a cage for bun when i bought her .. i payed over 500$ but she eventually outgrew it and i went with the NIC cage also. you can rearange it all the time wich is fun to do :p.. goodluck !!

Latest posts

Back