Look what I found on craigslist...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess_sully

Reaction score
I was browsing craigslist today and came across an adorable bunny:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pet/896178256.html
I emailed the poster for some more details, and might meet her sometime soon! :biggrin2:
She's being kept in a rubbermaid tub :X :( But she looks somewhat used to people in her pictures... Flynn would never let me hold him like that, especially not long enough for a picture!
I always feel so bad for all the rabbits being given away for free or for just a small fee. I wonder how many go to unexperienced homes or become snake food :( Poor dears.

SOOOSKA wrote:
I hope you can get her real soon, like tomorrow.:p LOL

Susan:)

LOL. Well, the cage for Flynn's new girly-friend has not arrived yet, but I dooo have his old dog crate... sooo... :whistling you never know. I hope the poster emails me back soon! She was posted just three days ago... hopefully she hasn't already been snatched up.
I -ALSO- found these pretty girls-
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pet/898704080.html
But who knows if they can be split up... and I simply CAN NOT get two more bunnies. My landlady (if she ever found out) would have a cow. I love Butterscotch, the one on the bottom, though. They are farther away- about 40 mins from my house.
Anyone in the area looking for new buns??

Does anyone here who is familiar with lionheads know how old she might be, judging by the pictures? I was thinking she looked pretty young... but I've actually never seen a real lionhead, just pictures
:D

Pm TinysMom with the link and your questions. She's bred lionheads for a long time. She can probably give you a good guess on age.

She's precious! and I don't think she's very old either.

Jess_sully wrote:
Does anyone here who is familiar with lionheads know how old she might be, judging by the pictures? I was thinking she looked pretty young... but I've actually never seen a real lionhead, just pictures
:D
Well first of all - she's a single mane lionhead....so you're not going to see her get one of those long dripping type manes. You're also not going to have to worry about her shedding a lot either.. :biggrin2:

I'm guessing she's 5-6 months old and that is just a guess. Here's why I say that though - she's big enough to look mature as she's being held in the woman's hand...that tells me she's probably over 3 months. But her face in the bottom two pictures make me think she's still fairly young - she has a "bunny" look to her face vs. a rabbit look. She's still exploring and learning about stuff (from her standing up on the clothes basket).

A lot of lionheads are little lovers - even girls. Others...not so much.

I'd say she has a good chance of being a snuggler - given some time and patience.

She reminds me of my Theresa (RIP)....here she is as a full grown adult..

DSCN3048.jpg

DSCN3066.jpg

I'm sharing the pyhotos of Theresa in case the Craigslist posting gets removed...so folks can see htecoloring of the bunny...

I knew you'd have the answers Peg! :)

She's so adorable - so was Teresa! I love the little otter bunnies :hearts:

Thanks, Peg! :)
I like single manes better I think, anywhoo, I think.
Unfortunately, the poster still hasn't emailed me back :(
Still awaiting an answer...

Back