Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorelei

Reaction score
I've been hopping around for a bit, but I just signed up today! I have one REW mixed breed named Sugar, who was originally acquired as a prop for a community theater production of <i>The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds</i>. I assisted with props for the show, and got so attached that, after carefully researching rabbits and their needs, decided to keep him. :) I got him neutered last year and he now lives in a 4x4' ex-pen. No pictures, unfortunately, but at 7 lbs he looks a bit like an oversized Florida White. I'd love to get him a companion, but my boyfriend is in the army and we may be moving at some point in the indeterminate future, so right now he's BFFs with my two Ragdoll cats.

He's been thoroughly socialized since he was 13 weeks old and exposed to a wide variety of people, and is ridiculously outgoing. I take him out to pet stores on his leash and harness, and he'll hop right up to strangers. It's also a good opportunity to educate people on rabbit care (once they get over the shock of "oh my God, is that a RABBIT?") and how they're more work than you'd think.

Although he's my first rabbit, I've collected Beatrix Potter paraphernalia since I was a child, and once my boyfriend and I have our own place, I plan to give him a BP-themed "bunny room" where I can display my framed prints and figurines (well out of nibbling range, of course!).

Hello and welcome to the forum, sounds like one very outgoing bunny. Glad you decided to keep him instead of simply returning him, sounds like he has a lovely home.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I already like it here. :)

He was originally going to be listed in the program as available for adoption through the rescue where we found him (he was part of an accidental litter, and the owner was working with a rescue to sex and rehome her rabbits), and anyone who was interested could fill out an application to the rescue. He was given full credit in the program as an actor in his own right, under his full name (Sugar Kane), and I added a little note that while Sugar had a home, many rabbits are available at local shelters and rescues, and to please spay and neuter your pets. :)

I think he enjoyed the show...he was the official lobby greeter before the show, got to eat on-stage in the third act, and even had an off-stage death scene. While he was technically a prop, everyone on the show considered him a fellow actor. He's now a card-carrying member of the local community theater, with yearly dues and everything.

The bunny room won't be happening for a few years, at least.

What a high profile guy! That's neat he's so well rounded. I'm Army as well and it can be difficult traveling with pets. However rabbits fly very well! Mine made it from Germany to Texas with no problems. They have more miles on them then me it seems.

Latest posts

Back