Long car ride. URGENT help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriela_guerra

Reaction score
Hello fellow bunny owners I am looking for some tips and recomendatio since I am really worried about my boy. We are taking a long 16 hr drive and he has to come with as there is no one to take care of him since my whole family is going. He doesn't eat or drink while in the car and I am afraid 16 hra is just too much.
I have tried giving him critical care several times but I think it stresses him out much more.

This is the ride back home, on our way here i tried the critical care but as soon as we got to the hotel he would not eat or drink! I was really worried, it took him a while to start eating normally and I believe it was due to the stress of being force feed.

Any advice would be great. thank you

I'm a new bunny owner but the only advice I could suggest would be to allow him to get accustomed to the carrier so it doesn't make the car ride such a big deal. When I take Shredder to different places I will put his carrier down on the floor so he can go in it and sleep in it for a few days before. That way when he is locked up in it for the car ride, it isn't as traumatic.

But really I would also suggest finding a friend that could come by and check on him and feed/change litter.

Good luck!

:anotherbun

we are already on the way back. He came to the trip with us. So leaving him is not a possibility

Our rabbits don't eat much on a trip either. Try to make sure he eats before you leave and then put hay/grass in his travel cage. You might put some electrolytes in his water or give him unflavored Pedialyte for hydration.

Thanks. we just did a stop for lunch and i placed him in his cage with lots of food and he ate ehile the car was still so thats a win. We will make a couple more stops like this to allow for him to eat and when we get home he will get the electrolytes

Latest posts

Back