.... Lolly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww Denise. Im so sorry for you. I cant imagine how hard this must be. You had so very little time with her.

I know its soon, but I really think you should consider bringing another little one into your home. It really does help you to cope with the loss. I know he told you he has never had these kind of problems, but I wouldnt go back to that breeder. There are so many wonderful rabbits in shelters in need of good homes.

If youre interested, there are some rabbits here in the Rescue section in need of good homes, or you can check Petfinder (or your local shelter). Feel free to pm me if you need help or have any questions. I just really think you were such a great bunny mommy and somebun would be very lucky to come into your home.

Again, praying for you and your family.

-Haley

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your little Lolly girl...such a short time to spend with such a lovely, sweet, adorable girl...:cry1

I also wanted to put my two cents :twocents in a bit with the age thing. Yes, she was too young to be away from mama, but she should have been fine. I find it really irresponsible of him to give away the babies at such a young age, yet at the same time, I rescued my Flower at about six weeks from a neighbor that bought her for Easter at about four weeks (maybe younger), and she's done very well. She's over four months old now, and is strong and healthy (when she was seriously malnourished when we rescued her)...not a thing different from her and my Maisie (who I brought home at about eight weeks), except that Flower is about 3lbs bigger! :)

So, ultimately, you didn't do anything wrong; you did the right thing in keeping her from more pain. That's what we're here for with our little animal friends...to keep their lives as beautiful as they can be, and when we see that they're in a large amount of pain, doing everything we can to ease their pain. When we see that they're only going to suffer, it's our job to help them across the Rainbow Bridge so they can remember life as being wonderful and beautiful, not full of pain and suffering.

My love to you and your family. It's so hard to lose so much in such a short amount of time. We're here for you, Denise, and your sweet family. You guys did so much to make Lolly's final days wonderful and full of love...I really respect that. You obviously loved your girl and did everything you could for her. :groupparty:
Love and hugs to you, your family, and your beautiful Lolly girl. :heartbeat:hug2

Binky free, Little Lolly!! :rainbow::bunnyangel::rainbow::rose:

P.S. Please don't let this discourage you from having another bunny baby in the future. There are loads of bunnies in shelters that could use your guys' amount of love and caring, and would be SO happy to be with you! Like you've said, it was that something was ultimately wrong with Lolly's brain, not anything you guys did. This is not what happens with most bunnies, so don't think it's a normal thing, ok? There are tons of healthy, happy bunnies out there. :hug2

I am so very sad to hear about Lolly. I was thinking about you and her today when I held my bunny.

She was so young. I hate when I hear of a young baby being away from its mom so early. Whatever was wrong, she's at peace now. Maybe you should think of a bunny to help you heal.

If you aren't going to breed or show rabbits, consider adopting a mature rabbit who needs you. I think that's the best way to honor your baby, Lolly.

Me and my daughter pondered all day debating to bring another one into our home and she made the decision to give herself alittle time to heal and that we would adopt when we got another one. After the loss of two in roughly 2 1/2 weeks, (the wild baby bunny and then lolly)I dont know that we could deal so well with losing another. I know it would be rare, but even though the vet gave his thoughts on what was wrong we still keep runnin over in our minds that it was maybe his views were wrong or somethingwe possibly did, or that maybe it was just a pinched nerve or something that could have been fixed.

The guy that we got Lolly from said he is going to keep a close eye on the others he has. Hes a great person and does take great care of his bunnies, so just dont want everyone downing him, after reading everyones comments, I do agree with waiting longerbefore seperating in general. we are the ones that just ended up with Lolly for some reason, maybe the good Lord knew we could give her the best love in the shortestamount oftime.

anyhow.... I dont want to drag this on for everyone forever. ! I think the reason I grew so attached is cause I never realized how much love or comfort they actually could give a person and I know this will only make us want one again sometime soon, so dont think this is the end of me on this site. ! :)

in closing... thought Id post a little pic of the spot my daughter made inrememberance of her little Lolly. !

I think a lot of times breeders separate babies a bit earlier than some of us more conservative people. I would guess that at least since I have gotten a young one and have seen very young ones for sale by breeders.

I don't think poorly of anyone - I just don't always agree with the methods but I am not an expert either.

I can understand the pain you are going through. I have the wild baby and if he would have died I would have been so sad. We have the mini-rex and he's my baby! The kids say he's more spoiled than they are! :disgust:

I am glad you are considering another bunny. I have lots of pets and I truly think the bunnies bring me a lot of joy. We love them all, but something about a snuggly soft bunny giving you nose bumps is so special :)

Latest posts

Back