Lola's new set up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4cherries

Reaction score
A friend used to have bunnies and saved their cage & pen- so Lola got upgraded! Question though. We are supposed to pick up a little buck this weekend- is it safe for them to play together for a little while? Lola is 3 mo and he will be 9 weeks.

your set up looks pretty cool! you might even want to think about adding a shelf in the cage for more space unless she has green roam of the pen majority of the day! I've saw a lot of cool pictures on here of what people have done with dog crates for their bunnies!

I would say not to let them play together. Firstly you want to give the buck time to settle in to his new environment because that could affect how he responds to Lola, and secondly, males often mature earlier than females so there is a higher risk of pregnancy with an older female and younger male than if their ages were reversed.

your set up looks pretty cool! you might even want to think about adding a shelf in the cage for more space unless she has green roam of the pen majority of the day! I've saw a lot of cool pictures on here of what people have done with dog crates for their bunnies!

Totally going to have to add a shelf or two! She does get free roam, with the pen too until bed time. We have cats and while they haven't tried to climb in, it still makes me nervous!

Back