Location of new run to existing bunny house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscarrot

Reaction score
I have adopted another pair of bunnies. They've got their own hutch, but I need to set them up an attached run ASAP. There are so many possibilities as to what to do and what I'll do in the longer term won't sort things for the shorter term.

My question is this. If I put a temporary run down the side of my other bunnies house, would I need to put a solid barrier between them. Would they get upset at having other bunnies right there with only mesh between? If it has to be so they can't see each other, would they get stressed or upset smelling, hearing or sensing that there are other bunnies close by? The new bunnies have run about and come up to the mesh and there didn't seem to be any "issues", but them looking about isn't the same as having them permanently "next door".

Longer term, I'm thinking about putting another floor on the existing bunny house. Similar question, would the flooring of the upper storey need to be soundproofed, or would the 'downstairs bunnies' be ok if they could hear other bunnies running about above them?

Back