LMRR DOH inspection #1 results

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that we are sucking any resources out of the rescue. The DOH went in on their own and did their inspection. And the setting of the leg, you don't feel that two people, one who has no experience with rabbits, sets the leg, it swells, they remove the metal bracing and leave it for almost a month or more to be seen by a vet? The animal was in severe pain when it was brought it and you know that. But she chose to do her own vetting which she is not allowed to do without the supervision of a vet. If the vet had said go ahead and set it - fine - but NO VET was ever contacted. To me that was abuse. Now as for what the DOH is asking - some I agree with some I don't but we were lead to believe the whole place needed new lighting and that is not the fact. The bulbs needed replacing and possibly more lighting added. BIG difference. It is also stated in there "A schematic showing the layout and operation of the ventilation system used for the isolation room must also be submitted in the plans to the local health authority. The ventilation in an isolation room must exhaust directly to the outdoors and must not mix with the air of the general population. Permits and approvals must also be received from the local municipal code official as required for new construction and renovations. Please submit plans to the local health authority within 2 weeks of the date of this inspection." Has this been done - NO. But construction still continues. So what happens in the event that they come back and see the work and it is done wrong - who is going to responsible for that. Not me, not you. What I'm saying is "do it the right way first" then you have less problems, less people breathing down your neck.

Linda, you're sucking MY resources right now and everybody else's who reads this junk and has to sort out ridiculously trivial accusations.

You just caused one unrelated volunteer to back out of rescue, lord knows how many more have done the same. He read just a smidgeon of this stuff (he found it on his own with no help from me) and just told me he thinks rescue is too combative and stressful for him. He's out.

Did you READ the study article I posted? This is extremely common! Unrelated witnesses WILL SUFFER STRESS. And that's exactly what's happened.

You don't agree with her care on this one rabbit. Fine. For the sake of the argument, lets say she was wrong. But its obviously an isolated case, isn't it?

You are going on AD NAUSEUM about this one rabbit. You don't agree with her care. Fine. Did you talk to her vet about it? Bet your booties someone did. Are we seeing any vet reports or even vet complaints? No. Your group's only vet reference is a MANIPULATIVE LIE saying they reported her when all they did was notify them they were no longer the vet on record.

Don't you think with true abuse worthy of shutting down a rescue the vet would have something to say?

LMRR deals with vets CONSTANTLY, on a daily basis, the SPCA deals with LMRR constantly, they are NOT REPORTING ABUSE! They think this is harassment!!

Looking at the rest of your complaint you're talking about LIGHT BULBS for chrissake!! If you find the shelter's lightbulbs worthy of inclusion when you're documenting abuse, what does that tell you about your ammunition?

It's microscopic and officious and SOLELY BROUGHT ON BECAUSE OF YOUR GROUP'S HARASSMENT!

You didn't outline these complaints, you didn't even know about schematics, details and rules on ventilation systems, isolation room or anything else! You were just looking for AMMUNITION and this is what you've found!

The same problems would have been found in 70% of the shelters inspected to that degree of detail, do you want them shut down too?

But no, it's not personal, it's not a vendetta, is it?

The only people breathing down her neck are you and your 'Bunny Justice' cronies.

And here's another hour taken away from the rabbits. Congrats on that. Good job.

Not.

I did question you about this, I listened to all your complaints, asked questions and looked into what you told me and absolutely nothing you said held water, sorry.

Nobody other than your core group agrees with you, and most of your group seems to have to make up fake names to reiterate your points, which is yet another sign this whole thing is bogus or grossly exaggerated at best.

People are not backing you on this, they're too polite or they don't want to get involved, but almost everybody in rescue now realizes this really is just the bullying of an unpopular rescue owner and nothing more than that.

For your own sake, step back from this crap.

You're being painted with the same disruptive nutbar brush as the rest of the BJ whackos.

Maybe you should call the DOH yourself and hear their side. Maybe you should call the NJ Charities Fraud department and hear their side.
Maybe you should call the NJ SPCA and hear their side.

Linda, I'm a professional investigative journalist. I have done ALL that and more.

Why do you think I'm defending the rescue? I'm not a friend, I don't know her. Unlike you guys, my involvement is NOT personal.

There are no violations abusive to rabbits, there is no charities fraud, just a family dispute over money (more harassment from the relative who started all this), totally unrelated to rabbits, and I can't believe you're even bringing up the NJ SPCA, you know they're supporting her. Your cronies usually go on about how they're in collusion.

You've been fed a back of lies. You don't like Kristie. Your own experiences are no more than once having seen litter boxes that were due for cleaning.

Give it up. This isn't your fight. You're a better person than this.

:(

:soapbox I'm right and you're not, by extension. So what if my mind is so narrow that my ears are rubbing, I still know I'm right. I thought this forum was about the care and sharing of our experiences with our furry little poop machines. If I want to hear a lot of unsupported attacks containing blatant falsehoods, I'll watch political ads. One of my favorite classes in college, a math class titled "How to lie with Statistics". That combined with "Rhetoric" and I can twist anything you say or do by how I phrase a question or select bits and pieces out of any study or statement. George Carlin said it best, "God must love stupid people 'cause he made so darn many!"

LMRR was investigated in January of 2012 for running raffles illegally, their books were not up to date, they had to pay a fine in order to receive their charity status. It had been documented. Now the NJ Charities Fraud department is also investigating and if you got information as to what they are looking for that would be interesting. This rescue is being run illegally and at present is having s/n today without a health certificate on their premises. They do not have clearance to this.

They were harassed by you guys via the charities board just like you're now harassing them using the health board.

Somebody really needs to follow you everywhere you go and report you every time you don't completely stop at a stop sign and document your litter boxes every time your rabbit poops.

'Illegal' raffles are more common than not, you'll probably find bingo games you can shut down as well if some poor senior bruises your ego. The letter of the law on these things is only complaint driven, they don't otherwise care.

Very sad.

Seriously just give it up. You're trying to push people who have already formulated an opinion. There's no moving on either side. Apparently you have nothing better to do than stalk nice people on a forum who just want to post pictures of their rabbits and and laugh at their antics. Every time I see this thread at the top because someone had to spew negativity makes me want to run screaming for the hills. There are things you just dont debate about. Politics and Religion. This falls under the politics category. Again there aren't enough people sitting on the fence to push them one way or another. Please go away. I'm sure you're rabbit is begging for attention but you're to wrapped up in a lost cause to notice. I just rubbed mine down into a nap. And took the picture. Where's that thread? The cute rabbits sleeping thread. I'm sure you'd enjoy that much more than your current course of destruction.

I'm really not sure how long it's going to take before these people realize they have no friends or support on this forum. Take your garbage somewhere else.

As someone who just rescued a bun, this is so disheartening to read. And I don't mean about the LMRR inspection, but the back and forth on this thread. Honestly, if I had stumbled upon something like this in the first place, I probably wouldn't have adopted Millie. I was looking for a community to turn to for guidance and friendship as I'm a first time rabbit owner.

I didn't get Millie from LMRR, but the first rabbit I was interested in was from there. However, within the three days of my application submission, he was adopted out already. Their adoption counselor is absolutely wonderful and even though I wasn't interested in the 2+ hour trek to Atco without a specific bunny in mind, she was more than helpful to answering nay questions I had on adopting another rabbit elsewhere. SHe will also answer texts day or night, and is always pleasant to help you in any way. From my personal experience with her, she really cares for not just the buns in the rescue but all bunnies.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Pam is LMRR's adoption counselor. She is a a wonderful asset to the rescue!
She's fantastic. She did prep me to let me know that most likely any bunny I adopted wouldn't even sleep with me anywhere near them in the first few weeks. And the adjustment period is not what many sites claim as being a few days.

I've had my girl for a few days now, and she stares at me from her little hut. Like she weighing her options, should I like her, shouldn't I like her. She feeds me, but she's so big!

I don't think the photos really help your case, they aren't bad. Rabbits are poop machines! This is a picture from a visit I did with my rabbits to a friend's house. They have a disabled child who loved the bunny visit. The photo was taken less than an hour after their arrival:

http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h409/MiniLopHop/?action=view&current=IMG_1210.jpg

Some of the photos you have there's even less going on. Does that mean I am an unfit bunparrent because there were some poos in their playpen?

Good lord, if all this is about poop in litter boxes, then I should be worried about the Dept of Health coming and taking my rabbit from me. I have dust, fur, hay and other things all around my house. Are you going to call the health department on me?
You should see my floor when I let her out. Is that reason to take my rabbit away?
If y'all are so serious about the poop, do you follow your rabbits around with hand held brooms and dust pans collecting every poop they drop? No, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't have the time in the world to slander a rescue like that! You'd spend all your time with a tiny broom and dust pan.
How about you give us your address so we can come and inspect your litter boxes and your housing structure. We need to make sure you have the right light bulbs and make sure there is no poop in your cages. You know, because of health codes and everything. We also have to make sure you aren't moving any furniture around with out the proper permits.
Or, if you're really such bunny activists, then we should just take the bunnies from the rescue and drop them off on your door step, see how well you can manage the poop then.
Maybe you guys should spend less time trying to take a rescue down and more time with your rabbits. They're probably feeling a little neglected with all the time you spend dragging peoples names through the mud.
Watch out, there might be some poop in your cages. Someone might call the Health Department on you!

:yeahthat: Why I bought a 25 gallon one--It gets emptied once a week. Like I said earlier, I can twist anything in print or that you say and use numbers like Michelangelo used a paint brush--this reminds me so much of all the political ads running currently. You can't reason with a close minded person, because they know they are right, so, "by extension, you are wrong". Give the flaming sack of poo the boot, please! This is an info exchange site where we help, not denigrate one another. I'd invite them "to attend the theological place of eternal punishment", but I'm pretty sure Beelzebub has higher standards than that.

Way to go Larry! In the interest of full disclosure...I am a personal friend with the person in question. I would be more than happy to answer any questions via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back