Little Cuts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Quick question about my little Bandit. I am Rabbit-Sitting my friends two rabbits at the moment and I have them in my living room with their cage and their pen. Bandit doesn't get along with them well, but I didn't put them together at all, but when he's out and about sometimes he tries to bite through their pen at them and stuff and I noticed he has two little cuts near his mouth. They're very small, I was just wondering if I should do anything or if they'll heal on their own. They don't look bad, no puss or anything strange. Just two tiny cuts. Any suggestions or comments would be great. Thanks!!!

Crystal

I would just keep an eye on him. If its not too close to his mouth, you could try putting a little neosporin on the cut. You just dont want it to get infected.

Also, sometimes cuts can turn into nasty abscesses so just keep an eye out. Another thing you might try is to put a little bit of liquid bandaid on them. This should help it heal faster.

Do you think its from trying to bite through the pen? You may want to put a towel or blanket over the area so he cant see them.

Hope this helps!

Haley

thats what I have to do. I got a nice big beach towel and wrap it around the low level of the cage and just clip it up between the bars with 2 potato bag chip clips. if they're diggers though you might want something stronger to hold it up with.

I tried to put some neosporin on it but he won't let me touch his face like that. So I'm definately going to keep trying, and I will keep an eye on him.

I definately think its from trying to bite through the pen and stuff. They're going home in a couple days so I'll keep a close watch he doesn't do that anymore. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep posted. Any other suggestions are great too!!

Latest posts

Back