litterbox help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bun like this. I ended up getting a high-backed corner litter box. That seemed to take care of it.
Here's the closest link I could find to show you. I guess I bought mine about 10 years ago so it's a little different, but you can get the idea.:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752714

Another option you have is to just go with a larger box. It doesn't have to be "litter box" -- any plastic box will work. I get mine cheap at wal-mart. Having used both, I actually prefer going with a larger pan set up as per the photo. However, there is the possibility she may still lift her bottom up to high. The larger size, though, tends to give them more space and so prevents that.

21kmh77.jpg

We used a cat litter box w/o the top, then put a smaller rubbermaid rectangular container inside it. Then my hubby took a piece of wood and cut it to the shape of the remaining space and screwed bolts into it (6 of them). This creates a wrack persay for the hay. Now Peanut can hop into his litter box, eat hay (that stays cleaner) and if he pees over the edge, it's contained w/in the larger cat box container. Sorry I don't have a pic to show you - not sure how to do that yet. My 1st time in here. Hope this helps. I got the idea from breyfamily.net

MichelleD wrote:
We used a cat litter box w/o the top, then put a smaller rubbermaid rectangular container inside it. Then my hubby took a piece of wood and cut it to the shape of the remaining space and screwed bolts into it (6 of them). This creates a wrack persay for the hay. Now Peanut can hop into his litter box, eat hay (that stays cleaner) and if he pees over the edge, it's contained w/in the larger cat box container. Sorry I don't have a pic to show you - not sure how to do that yet. My 1st time in here. Hope this helps. I got the idea from breyfamily.net
here's a picture of the box that's on breyfamily.net:

Clipboard02-2.jpg

I have a nic cage for her up at school that is a 6 wide square and half of it has 2 floors. I use that smaller cage to keep her in when I am at home on the weekends and for her to sleep in at night when at school.

no shes not a class pet, we have an apartment out at school (college) for during the week and then come home on weekends to work. I have a nic cage setup for her at our apartment at school that I butt this cage up to and let her roam around in during the day when in class and when we are in the apartment she has free range of the living room.

Back