Litterbox for Flemish Giant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
What kind of cheap thing could I use as a litterbox for an 11 lb flemish giant?

:) thanks

Thank you, Ali :)
Can I see a picture please Larry? :)

Autumn, like this?

21koB5fyZeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Lillian (a 10ish pound giant angora) has the bottom of a small cage as her litter pan. She was having issues with the large sized cat one and I had the cage in the garage so just used the bottom. It covers about 1/4 of her cage, so is about 27X14 inches. I would only recommend one if you can get it cheap, I paid about $3 for the cage used.

If you use a storage container, I would try to avoid ones with grooves in the bottom. They can be hard to clean.

If there are garage sales near you, try some of them. You might find something suitable for a litter box. You might want to measure the cage before you go out to make sure it will fit.

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to find a cheap cage like that XD

But I will check out some garage sales later.. but we'll probably just end up using the largest cat litterbox they have at the pet store!

We ended up buying a HUGE litter box from Target :) And 46 NIC cubes for a pen.

I used to use a under-the-bed storage container for my buns but my cats started using it and the rabbits wouldn't go anywhere near that cats favort bed... then it became a giant litter box for the cats.

Latest posts

Back