litterbox digging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap08m

Reaction score
how do i keep the rabbits from digging in their litterbox. its driving me up a wall. I can't be cleaning their cage everyday. I use carefresh bedding and a large hi-backed litterbox.

I'm having this problem as well... do you have a dig box?
I'm going to get a corner litter box from Petsmart (not sure if you have one near you?) but it has wiring in it for everything to fall though - and they can't get at it to dig it up. :)

Good luck!

I put a rabbit resting board on top of the litter. They still occasionally dig, but it is more like once every two weeks rather than daily.

i had the same problem with gizmo and i also use carefresh. i couldnt stop her from digging but i found a way to make cleaning a bit easier. i got a piece of cardboard that was bigger than the litter box and cut it so it was like a really really shallow box (about 3 cm high on each side). i put the litter tray in that then whenever the litter got knocked out i could pour the spilled litter back into the litterbox or throw it away if it is dirty.

Latest posts

Back