Litter Training?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneySereanaBunny

Bunny Lover
Reaction score
:hello
I have 2 Rabbits sisters (spayed) and I cant get them litter trained! They are about 3 1/2 and I started trying when they were nearly 1 year old. They just keep pooing in thier run (attatched to hutch) and it is a pain to clear out. I have got them litter trays put wood shavings or straw or shredded paper in ( i reda somewhere that maybe it was because of the bedding) i have tried putting dome droppings in, they sit in the tray but never poo or pee! help me please?
Thanks!!! :):dutch:hearts::bunny16

What is on the floor of the hutch and run?

For the hutch, I'd suggest you get rid of the the hay and straw and only put something in the litter box. They will use anything soft for peeing and pooping so may be confused as to where to go if there is the hay all over their hutch floor. I added straw in my rabbit's bed after they were litter trained and so far they haven't used it as a litter box.

As for the grass, I don't know if it's possible to get them to stop using the grass for doing their business. I don't let mine is the grass very often, but when I do I just accept that they will poop there. Again, they see it as a giant litter box if its something soft. Maybe someone else can advise you on that.

For the hutch, I'd suggest you get rid of the the hay and straw and only put something in the litter box. They will use anything soft for peeing and pooping so may be confused as to where to go if there is the hay all over their hutch floor. I added straw in my rabbit's bed after they were litter trained and so far they haven't used it as a litter box.

As for the grass, I don't know if it's possible to get them to stop using the grass for doing their business. I don't let mine is the grass very often, but when I do I just accept that they will poop there. Again, they see it as a giant litter box if its something soft. Maybe someone else can advise you on that.

Ok thanks I will try that!!!! Does anybody else have any other suggestions incase that dosent work?!:happyrabbit::biggrin::balloons:

Latest posts

Back