Litter training my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph66419

Reaction score
So I have a kitty litter box that is big enough for peanut and I have bedding in it and also hay in it. He does pee and poop in it... But he also pees and poops on his floor.. How can I get him to not do that? I'm going through a ton of wipes. I did baby wipes and Lysol wipes too hoping that would make then"smell" go away and he wouldn't go there. I don't know. Does anyone have any ideas?

How old is he? Is he neutered? How long has he been in the cage?

I wouldn't use Lysol wipes since the smell could be too strong and bother him. Just use a paper towel with white vinegar.

Better yet, if he urinates outside the box, first wipe it up with a plain paper towel and place the soiled paper towel under the bedding in the litter box. Then you can wipe the original pee spot with the vinegar.

How old is he? Is he neutered? How long has he been in the cage?

I wouldn't use Lysol wipes since the smell could be too strong and bother him. Just use a paper towel with white vinegar.

Better yet, if he urinates outside the box, first wipe it up with a plain paper towel and place the soiled paper towel under the bedding in the litter box. Then you can wipe the original pee spot with the vinegar.

He's about 2 years old. He is neutered. He's been in that pen for maybe 3 weeks now. He used to have a normal cage that had bedding all in it. So he always peed and pooped in a certain area of that. He new how to hop in and out of the cage if he needed to go then came back out to play. So now I'm trying to litter train him just to go in that one box.

Litter training can be a complex thing with some rabbits. So you may need to try a few different things. I've had rabbits that only liked their litter box in a certain place, or didn't like the type of litter that I was using so I had to use a softer litter, or the litter box was too small. Pay attention to your rabbits behavior and where the accidents are happening. There may be a pattern to it. Or it may just be a matter of settling in, and once he's been there a few more weeks, the accidents will clear up.

Latest posts

Back