Litter training and rabbit proofing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
I am litter training my 4 month old Holland, Dune and I was wondering if you need to rabbit proof corners? Also any extra tactics on litter training would be helpful. I have just been using an old cat litter box with some hay in it and it has been working great. Although it has only been in a small area so I don’t know if it would change as I expand the area.

If you expand the living area of your bunny.I am sure that your bunny feel very happy. You need to pay attention on many things as you free roaming your bunny. Try to put the cords away from your bunny. It's very easy to give them litter training put the litter box in the area where your bunny spend most of the time.After doing it for a week took the litter box at the place which you like.

When I first let Theo freeroam I was super careful with bunny proofing because I didn't know what he would want to chew. I bought lots of cord protectors, clear packaging tape (to put on baseboards and wooden furniture), and corner protectors. After a week of free-roaming Theo nothing, except for several cord protectors, had been destroyed so I was able to remove all the tape and corner protectors. Go ahead and bunny proof everything to be extra safe.

Your bunny is 4 months? Is s/he spayed or neutered? For the litter box set up, use about 1/2 inch of pine pellets on the bottom of the litter box and cover with hay.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/litter-training.html

When I first let Theo freeroam I was super careful with bunny proofing because I didn't know what he would want to chew. I bought lots of cord protectors, clear packaging tape (to put on baseboards and wooden furniture), and corner protectors. After a week of free-roaming Theo nothing, except for several cord protectors, had been destroyed so I was able to remove all the tape and corner protectors. Go ahead and bunny proof everything to be extra safe.

Your bunny is 4 months? Is s/he spayed or neutered? For the litter box set up, use about 1/2 inch of pine pellets on the bottom of the litter box and cover with hay.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/litter-training.html
Yes, my rabbit is 4 months old ( 5 months old on the thirteenth). No, he is not neutered yet. I would like to band him when I do neuter him.

Latest posts

Back